Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar S61A Loosing Digital Signal

(Topic created on: 06-01-2022 05:16 PM)
Chris M
Apprentice
Options

I purchased two S61A soundbars and have connected them to my TVs with a digital optical cable. They both keep losing signal and no sound comes out of the soundbar. I then press source till it's on digital in again and the sound comes back on. Is the digital cable not recommended. Why is the sound going off?

21 REPLIES 21
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try
Turning The Box And TV Off And On Again

Soundbar
A reset by removing the power cable ((gently)) for 30 seconds connect and then turning it on again
0 Likes
Chris M
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I have tried that. Strange they’re both doing it with different TVs. Seems like an issue the soundbar is loosing signal or muting 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Are you using Bluetooth
Wi-Fi a better option
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Check if your model has the Auto Standby function. If Auto Standby is activated, the soundbar will turns itself off or enter standby mode automatically after aproximately 15 minutes to reduce power consumption of the device
0 Likes
Chris M
Apprentice
Options

It’s plugged into the tv with a digital optical cable. It shouldn’t be entering stand by mode because the signal is coming from the TV. I’m watching TV then sound just stops coming out. I’ll check stand by and turn it off 

0 Likes
Pinky2k10
Student
Options

I'm having the exact same issue. Device is plug in via audio cable only and after about 20mins it's going to sleep mode. I've googled it and searched high and low and tried everything, resetting, forgetting and relearning device still same going to sleep mode very frustrating. Tried checking make sure firmware is upto date still nothing get 15mins then nothing 

0 Likes
SamuelG2
First Poster
Options

I’m in the exact same boat with the S60A when using the optical input. I’m on the latest firmware & frustratingly nothing online seems to help to resolve the issue. I’ve even spent a lot of time trying to ask alexa to turn it off but she never understands (maybe they should have gone with siri). 

For me this doesn’t happen when listening via WiFi or Bluetooth but it’s typical that 95% of the time I am trying to use it via the optical input. Any help from Samsung would be much appreciated as this issue is starting to make watching any tv very frustrating and I cant keep having to remember  every 10-15 minutes to turn the volume up and down. 

Pinky2k10
Student
Options

Mine seems to have resolved things I don't but don't know what fixed it and what didn't.

Turned off TV and unplugged soundbar, turned on just soundbar not TV and loaded smarter things and clicked 3 dots in top and then information then firmwareupdate. 

While I'm up-to-date already it did a little thing of 1% then 2% before it said already up-to-date.

I also then removed and put back the audio cable and made sure they have a firm push to make sure they in 100% 

For 24hrs now it's not turned off while watching TV 

Nightshade1
Student
Options

Same problem with the S60A model, if you're using the optical cable it powers itself off after 18 minutes. That's the Auto Power Down function, except that here it happens even with the music playing.

I tried resetting the device (pressing the + and - buttons for a few seconds) and everything seemed to work fine for some hours, but the day after I started having the problem again.

This is almost certainly a software bug but the customer service department says that they don't have any information of any planned firmware update to solve this.