Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL Soundbars > control Spotify with Alexa

(Topic created on: 03-11-2021 06:51 AM)
ClmsVie
Student
Options

Hello,
I own a Q800T soundbar which supports Spotify Connect (which works fine) and Alexa (which also works).

Now I want to control Spotify via Alexa by saying "Alexa, play Wonderwall on Spotify".
Alexa replies with "Spotify is not supported on this device". Which is strange because why shouldn't it work if Spotify Connect works fine?

After talking to Spotify Support and trying different solutions, I still encounter the same problem.
The Amazon/Alexa support wasn't helpful in these regards either.

My question now: Is it supposed to work? Does it work for one of you?

Thanks!

EDIT:  As more and more people appeared with the same issue, it seems that this problem occurs with ALL Samsung soundbars. Right now it is absolutely not advisable to buy a soundbar from Samsung. 🚫 There appears to be no willingness to fix that issue for thousands of customers or an official answer.
I highly recommend buying another product at that point - Sonos for example figured out how to write software for their products, that actually works like promised. 😡

If you have already bought one you can check if you are eligible by law to return it (warranty; false advertisement / non-working product). At least in the European Union, you should be covered by the law.

53 REPLIES 53
Members_JhaJBnR
First Poster
Options

Indeed for Q950T it stopped working yesterday. It must be either some licencing shenanigans or some update somewhere causing issues. This is extremely annoying knowing that it used to work!

Vertarman
First Poster
Options

Same here, really annoying. I have tried removing Spotify link, u registering device etc and nothing still the same 

0 Likes
Pavel linhart
Student
Options
piojan89
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem and just voted on the link Pavel posted above I hope it will be solved soon. 

tetsugo
Journeyman
Options

I believe this is an issue with Spotify itself not Samsung device. Vote on the Spotify issue above.

Maxct
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Seems like there is nothing left but upvoting this thread 😞

@Samsung: keep your software updated ... at least for devices you are still trying to sell.

0 Likes
OpeDope24
First Poster
Options

Same problem on S60A. Alexa works great but when you ask her to play a song on Spotify like with do with our other echo devices she says Spotify is not supported. Even though Spotify Connect and Airplay work well. No voice connectivity for music is a huge lacking feature for Alexa

chpo
Journeyman
Options

Idem Spotify n'est pas reconnu via Alexa sur ma Q950T et personne ne donne de solution.

0 Likes
RaviPatel_96
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my Soundbar 5.0ch S61A. complain with Samsung service but No solution.

0 Likes
Luonika
Apprentice
Options

hi any chance you could share how you managed to do this? would love to try :smiling-face:

0 Likes