Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL Soundbars > control Spotify with Alexa

(Topic created on: 31-05-2021 08:26 PM)
ClmsVie
Student
Options

Hello,
I own a Q800T soundbar which supports Spotify Connect (which works fine) and Alexa (which also works).

Now I want to control Spotify via Alexa by saying "Alexa, play Wonderwall on Spotify".
Alexa replies with "Spotify is not supported on this device". Which is strange because why shouldn't it work if Spotify Connect works fine?

After talking to Spotify Support and trying different solutions, I still encounter the same problem.
The Amazon/Alexa support wasn't helpful in these regards either.

My question now: Is it supposed to work? Does it work for one of you?

Thanks!

EDIT:  As more and more people appeared with the same issue, it seems that this problem occurs with ALL Samsung soundbars. Right now it is absolutely not advisable to buy a soundbar from Samsung. 🚫 There appears to be no willingness to fix that issue for thousands of customers or an official answer.
I highly recommend buying another product at that point - Sonos for example figured out how to write software for their products, that actually works like promised. 😡

If you have already bought one you can check if you are eligible by law to return it (warranty; false advertisement / non-working product). At least in the European Union, you should be covered by the law.

53 REPLIES 53
vasquelito
First Poster
Options

same thing with my q950t, not working with spotify...crazy! working fine with amazon...

0 Likes
Worn
Apprentice
Options

I've returned the soundbar csuse I couldnt find any hint that Samsung will fix this issue and the 800 model already has been followed by a newer version. Sad story.. I also own a watch active 2 which does not have the features that Samsung had promised...

Members_NfSfTgC
Explorer
Options

Same issue here. No firmware updates yet? Unbelievable... 

0 Likes
Damo72
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with Alexa and a Bose speaker - I had to set a fake US delivery Address for it to work properly.  I just bought the 900T and Alexa doing the same thing as the original post - says it's playing my playlist but nothing.  Even setting the soundbar as the preferred speaker through the echo dot also doesn't play.  Next step is to disconnect my echo dot, reset alexa app and just connect sound bar only.  Painful!!!

0 Likes
Oldak
First Poster
Options

It seems still not solved. Just bought Q800A and very disappointed with Samsung support... 

0 Likes
Szymek
First Poster
Options

Very disappointed, Samsung support any updates please? One of the most value soundbar features and doesn`t work.... Shame..

0 Likes
Vigour
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, Samsung please provide a workaround. Spotify is a platform commonly used and it’s a major limitation that your soundbars do not yet support this via Alexa.

0 Likes
lordlacky
Explorer
Options

I have the HW-Q900A with the same issue. i think to bring it back, because it was a feature which is very important for me. I buy it for this feature.

Patrick McSammy
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on the Q900A. 

Amazon Music and Sirius XM work with voice control from soundbar but not Spotify. 

I can control Spotify from the phone App but not using built in Alexa. 

Latest firmware installed. 

Bad Form! Poor Show! 

Fix please. 

0 Likes
Shikko
First Poster
Options

Just got the same issue with my Q950T. It was working fine a week a go, i controlled Spotify by talking to elaxa, for example "Alexa, play some rock music" and she started playing the playlist rock from Spotify. Now it suddenly stopped working and she tells me that Spotify is not supported on this device. It is very strange as there have been no change in settings or updates. So Spotify is clearly supported, it must be som kind og bug that causes this. Have anyone found a solution?

0 Likes