Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar problem

(Topic created on: 19-02-2023 04:59 PM)
Memoman42
First Poster
Options

I have an HT-CT80 Sony soundbar connected via optical ( as it has no HDMI connection) to  new Samsung 50” Q60B tv. After about 15mins or so the sound at turns itself off meaning I have to keep switching it on again which can be quite annoying when trying to watch anything on the tv. I have checked all the settings & as far as I can see there is nothing wrong. I even tried connecting the soundbar via bluetooth but the sound was very patchy. The same sound bar was connected to my previous Samsung tv (UE46ES7000UXXU) & had no problems  so can anyone give me advice what could be causing this problem. Any help most appreciated.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
MOBILEUNITED213
Navigator
Options
Is it new?
0 Likes
MOBILEUNITED213
Navigator
Options
Oh I know what the problem is
0 Likes
MOBILEUNITED213
Navigator
Options
Please insert the batteries in your remote
0 Likes
Memoman42
First Poster
Options

Ok. What do think the solution is then?

0 Likes
Memoman42
First Poster
Options

No it’s not new. Had it a couple of years & was virtually new then as my son gave it to me when he upgraded his soundbar. It worked fine with my previous Samsung 7000 series tv.

0 Likes
Memoman42
First Poster
Options

Can you enlighten me with the solution please

0 Likes
Memoman42
First Poster
Options

My remote has good batteries fitted & all the functions work

0 Likes
Memoman42
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the for your link to similar problems. However it seems my soundbar being a Sony & not having an HDMI input connection doesn’t seem to be compatible with my QE5060B smart tv as I’ve tried every possible adjustment in settings on the tv all to not avail. Looks like I need to buy a new soundbar. Thanks anyway😊

0 Likes