Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 21-01-2019 10:11 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

284 REPLIES 284
Zakaria_E
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

Is the sound bar connected to your TV via HDMI ARC?

0 Likes
Medders
Explorer
Options
Hi, no it’s via Bluetooth. I don’t think the soundbar has an hdmi...
0 Likes
Zakaria_E
Pathfinder
Options

When the Bluetooth Power On function is on and the Soundbar is turned off, if a previously paired Bluetooth device tries to pair with the Soundbar, the Soundbar turns on automatically.

1. Press the Bluetooth POWER on the remote while the Soundbar is turned on.

2. "ON/OFF-BLUETOOTH POWER" appears on the Soundbar's display.

Medders
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the reply. This is how I had it set up before and it was working fine, but it has just stopped.
0 Likes
spamzilla
First Poster
Options

Mine is exactly the same. Then, once i have it all working i turn the tv off, the soundbar turns off and then five seconds later the soundbar turns back on. Perhaps a recent update caused the issue?

0 Likes
Medders
Explorer
Options
It’s possible but I don’t think either the tv or soundbar has had a recent update. I’m at a bit of a loss really!
0 Likes
falcone
Apprentice
Options

I have the same exact issue. Started happening a few weeks ago. TV remote controls everything except powering in the sound bar. Incredibly frustrating. 

0 Likes
Medders
Explorer
Options

Sadly I have still not found any solution. It must be a software thing - surely??

0 Likes
falcone
Apprentice
Options
That’s what I would guess. Must’ve been an auto update as it was all of a sudden. I don’t pair any other Bluetooth items with the sound bar or the tv.

I have resorted to asking my dog to turn the sound bar on when I power on my tv. Unfortunately, my dog is not intelligent and hasn’t even mastered basic commands. I then have to decide if it’s worth standing up and walking across the room.