Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 10-06-2022 08:09 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

285 REPLIES 285
USA4
Apprentice
Options

That solved the problem. Thank you.

Steve

Bellwood66
Apprentice
Options

Great news! Glad it worked out for you. I was going nuts trying to figure it out. 

toniastro
First Poster
Options

This resolved the same issue I was having with the HDMI e-arc.

Thank you very much!

Peter_CPH
First Poster
Options

If you get the Samsung SmartThings app, and pair it with your Soundbar, then once paired, then in the app, and the page for your soundbar, go to the up right corner and hit the 3 dots > information > see your current firmware, and or update your soundbar using the app! 

0 Likes
715Mirage
First Poster
Options

THIS IS A GUARANTEE FIX FOR ANY NEW COMERS WITH THIS ISSUE. GO TO "SETTINGS MENU" SELECT "GENERAL" AND THEN SCROLL DOWN AND SELECT "RESET". DO THE RESET,  FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON ADDING SOURCES,  AND BE SURE TO CHANGE THE SETTINGS BACK FOR YOUR SOUNDBAR (i.e TURN YOUR HDMI e-ARC ON AUTO IF USING HDMI). I hope this helps! The main point here is to reset the TV entirely,  and if you've got a Samsung account you can restore your TVs home screen/APPS etc. Very simple. Please reply and let others know it works.  

- Mirage-

0 Likes
Om3N
First Poster
Options

1000026162.jpg

 I found this fix and it work for me. 

0 Likes