Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar losing Bluetooth connection

(Topic created on: 05-04-2021 04:26 PM)
iando
Explorer
Options

I have a Harman Kardon Q70R Soundbar and a Q70T QLED TV. They are right next to each other, however the soundbar constantly loses bluetooth connection to the TV.

The connection will drop, then about 5 mins later will reconnect, only to do it again minutes later. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this very frustrating problem?!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TechSupportUK
Pioneer
Options
hmm ok, yeah it should be but tech never seems to be. Is there a HDMI source on the soundbar? if so try this (although commonly D.in is the way to do it). You could try going into tv sound settings, then change sound output to HDMI or External (you shouldn't need to do this with the QLED range as it usually automatically does this, but I guess in your circumstance there's no harm in trying/checking)

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @iando ,

happy to try to help you from here. Can you tell us if both devices are up to date and what version are they currently running on? Do you have any external devices connected to the Tv or any Bluetooth devices nearby when that happens? 

To check the current firmware version on the soundbar, follow these steps:

1. Check to make sure the Soundbar is powered off.
2. Press and hold the Sound Control (On the right of the Sound Mode button) button on the Soundbar remote for more than 6 seconds.

In the case of the TV, you can find the software information from Settings> Support> About this TV or Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
iando
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I just looked for updates on both the Soundbar and the TV, and they are both up to date. 

In regards to external devices, there is a Playstation copnnected to the TV, but that isn't powered on. The only other things nearby would be my mobile phone, or an Alexa in the room. 

0 Likes
iando
Explorer
Options

Firmware version for the SB: HW-Q70RWWB-1012.6

TV: T-NKMDEUC-1407.0

0 Likes
TechSupportUK
Pioneer
Options
can I just point out that the soundbar is dolby atmos and you won't experience the pleasures of dolby atmos sound quality via Bluetooth. you should plug it in via HDMI if you can as this will unlock the soundbars best audio potential. it will say HDMI on both the sounbar and TV so plug It into that port as its the audio return port and basically let's the TV know what your doing.
0 Likes
iando
Explorer
Options

So, I have just tried this. I have connected an HDMI cable from the HDMI 3 port (eARC) to the HDMI out on the soundbar. I have changed the source to D.in - but nothing happens. Any ideas? I was under the impression this should be pretty straightforward?

0 Likes
Solution
TechSupportUK
Pioneer
Options
hmm ok, yeah it should be but tech never seems to be. Is there a HDMI source on the soundbar? if so try this (although commonly D.in is the way to do it). You could try going into tv sound settings, then change sound output to HDMI or External (you shouldn't need to do this with the QLED range as it usually automatically does this, but I guess in your circumstance there's no harm in trying/checking)
0 Likes
iando
Explorer
Options

That worked!! Thanks. It wasn't automatically picking it up for some reason. I also think it may have been the cable I was using, although I tried a few and none seemed to work. 

0 Likes
TechSupportUK
Pioneer
Options
another thing to add... make sure Anynet+ (HDMI CEC) is turned on by going to settings, general, external device manager, Anynet+. And also try replacing the HDMI cable (note: it will need to have 'Ethernet' capability to work as a HDMI ARC cable).
TechSupportUK
Pioneer
Options
awesome! Great to hear... ignore my last message then (didn't see you had posted). all the best with your cinematic setup! if you need anything else just ask
0 Likes