Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar HW-N400 Firmware update using USB - Message: NO DAT

(Topic created on: 26-02-2022 07:05 PM)
laflizard56
First Poster
Options

When I try to update the firmware for my HW-N400 soundbar using USB, the soundbar displays the following message:  NO DAT.  The ROM file, HMS-N400WWB-1000.3.ROM, is on the root directory of the usb drive and not in a folder.  The reason I want to update the firmware is because the soundbar suffers from audio dropping out on occasion.  If there is another way to correct this problem I would love to know about it.  Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What format is your USB and size
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
laflizard56
First Poster
Options

it is Fat 32 and 32 gb

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Best to follow the instructions also, I think I left the files in the folder and got the same message you did, also when using a larger capacity usb
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
M_N_B
First Poster
Options

I too have the same issue(s) where the audio drops out on occasion, I found that if I reset via pwr off/on the sound resolves itself until the next time. I tried to update the firmware with no avail meaning where or not I have the zip file intact and ROM file extracted it still cannot read data, has anyone fixed this. Is there a USB format and/or size restriction? I've tried a 256 Gb and a 1 Gb sized format as FAT

0 Likes
iH8smsng
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue different model. a year and 3 days old and the thing stops working properly. 0 changes in location what it is being connected to or how it is connected and yet it now sounds like the speakers are blown and everything says to update firmware. Follow instructions perfectly multiple times with the same result so try to factory reset as suggested but holding the play/pause button does nothing. I am so tired of samsung products and for some reason i furnished my home with them. NEVER AGAIN. Why the hell does my washing machine need blutooth? You have to stand in front of it to load it and put soap in it so why would one need to use an app to turn the ***** thing on? It is this kind of needless bloatware that infects every singal samsung product now 12GB worth on my wifes phone that cant be accessed or deleted why i ask

0 Likes