Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar changing the source on my Tv

(Topic created on: 21-02-2021 01:37 PM)
Davidt678
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have an issue with my soundbar changing the source on my TV.

I have my Samsung soundbar (Q60T) connected through the HDMI-ARC port in my Samsung TV (UE40JU6445K). I have both updated to the latest software.

When I turn on my TV, everything turns on at the same time. The TV automatically goes to the correct source which is HDMI 1, the soundbar turns on automatically and sound comes out. But, about 15 seconds later, the source on the TV changes to HDMI 3 (which is the soundbar port). I then have to manually change back to HDMI 1. It’s extremely frustrating.

im at a loss to what the issue is that is causing the source to change, whether it’s a compatibility issue, a cabling issue, a setting issue? As far as I can see, everything should just work!

can anyone provide some assistance?

edit: not sure it’s of any relevance (it might be), but I’m pretty sure Anynet+ doesn’t work, at all. I can search for devices, it picks up the soundbar and the sky Q box, but can’t connect to either. Says connecting to anynet+ Device.... but fencer connects.

8 REPLIES 8
Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
I had that. eventually figured it's because I plugged my apple and cable directly into the sounbar along with the hdmi arc which also went to the TV. eventually I tried hdmi arc from soundbar to TV. then apple and cable to TV not soundar. ensured TV was set to hdmi arc. all seems fine now. FYI I also upgraded my hdmi cables
0 Likes
MrMonkey2022
First Poster
Options

Hi - I’m having the same issues now, it’s happened months plugging everything in. It all worked perfectly and then suddenly it decided to keep switching over to the soundbar. Did you find a solution at all? Thanks. 

0 Likes
tomahawk5000
Pioneer
Options

Hi I have a bit different issue. Once I turn my TV on then soundbar Q700B automatically change source from HDMI 2 (preferred because I have there plugged firestick 4k max) to tv/HDMI 1 in soundbar

If there an option to keep that source (HDMI 2)?

0 Likes
hulkandtess
First Poster
Options

did you find a solution? I have the same issue

0 Likes
hulkandtess
First Poster
Options

does Samsung TV pass dolby atoms through Soundbar if I connect the ATV to the TV?

0 Likes
Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
Yes
0 Likes
HeyRadar
First Poster
Options

Any one solved this problem yet?

0 Likes
Paul112004
First Poster
Options
On my samsnug tv I left any net on but turned off on the sky q box in the sky box settings hdmi control off now it works fine
I will just select the hdmi input for sky instead if I need to change it over
0 Likes