Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartThings and Q80R Soundbar issue

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 11:59 AM)
notahappybunny
First Poster
Options

Set up my Q80R soundbar in May last year with zero issue with my iPhone X. Got a new new iPhone 12 two days ago and then the struggle started.....

Installed the SmartThings app on my 12 and thought it wouldn't be an issue - after 30 mins gave up as it always stalled here - 

IMG_1225-1.PNG

I have so far reinstalled the app on my iPad and iPhone twice and reset the soundbar twice and still cant get any further. It seems bizarre to me that the app can see the soundbar as it selects the right one in the drop down menu but cant install anything to it which means it now doesnt have any wifi access now. I updated the firmware recently and checked that and its still running the latest firmware but I am annoyed at how much hassle this is......

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
dtbrown
Apprentice
Options

With smartthings there is two options to connect soundbar.  When you go to the Add Device page and select AV you'll notice Samsung and Samsung with Harmon Kardon.  Pick the Harmon Kardon as this has the Q80R under supported devices.  Not sure if that will help or not.    Is your sound still working via ARC and can your still control volume?   I ask as mine as of yesterday will not connect via WIFI, ARC or BT and seems to be related to the eARC update.  

0 Likes
notahappybunny
First Poster
Options

Done all that twice and still wont connect to app - yeah its all fine via eARC and I can control the volume but I find the lack of customer service here and via email a million times worse than either Amazon or Apple. I wont be buying another S product ever.

0 Likes