Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up soundbar Q90R with sony A80J help please

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 11:06 AM)
sut1576
Journeyman
Options

im looking for a little help please i have just brought and setup my new sony a80j and i have connected to my samsung Q90R soundbar. 

i just want to know the correct connections please, 

i have connected the tv and soundbar by running a hdmi cable from the EARC port on the back of the tv to the ARc port on the soundbar,  is this correct ? 

the next thing is im using a 4K firestick, do i connect this to a hdmi port on the TV or on a hdmi port on the soundbar ??? 

thank you for any help 

sut

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I would think you connect the fire stick to your TV hdmi port , use the extension lead that came with the fire stick , it keeps it cooler than plugging it straight in to the TV,
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Arc port
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Or use a optical cable from soundbar to TV
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
To connect your soundbar to your TV, plug one end of your HDMI cable into the ARC or eARC port on your TV and the end into the OUT port on your soundbar. Make sure that you have an HDMI 1.4 cable for an ARC connection or an HDMI 2.1 cable for an eARC connection
0 Likes
sut1576
Journeyman
Options
Oh OK so I don't connect it to the arc port on the soundbar.
Cheers will have to see where the out port is on my soundbar.
0 Likes
sut1576
Journeyman
Options
I currently have the firestick connected to the hdmi port on the tv but I have audio lag everything that plays through the stick is about 250ms out. So wasn't sure if It connected direct to soundbar or to the tv.
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
To fix issues with audio delay, go to Settings on your Fire TV and use the AV Sync Slider. For audio delay issues with a Home Theater setup, use Lip Sync Tuning instead.
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options