Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV to Samsung soundbar with ARC - not working

(Topic created on: 30-03-2018 04:09 PM)
Pirko
Journeyman
Options

Hey!

I have a Samsung UEMU6175, and a Samsung HW-MS660 soundbar.

The TV is up and running, and the soundbar can play audio when streaming via Bluetooth.

However, getting the audio from the TV via HDMI (ARC) is not working.

I have the soundbar source set to "D.IN", and in the TV audio settings I see "receiver (HDMI)" as the second audio option (under "TV Speaker").

If I try to connect to "Receiver (HDMI)" the TV shows "Connecting Anynet+ Receiver" and a "loading" circle, but then nothing happens.

The TV tries to connect to this Receiver (HDMI)  like very 30 seconds, and the sound then goes mute for like 5 seconds. Then it is back to TV Speaker.

The TV actually connected to the soundbar once for a few minutes, when sound was coming through the soundbar. So there seems to be potentially working connection, but something causes this connection to not work properly.

Any ideas on what to try in order to make this work? Seems like a Samsung TV and a Samsung soundbar would be quite easy to connect, but no such luck...

87 REPLIES 87
JohnWad
Apprentice
Options

The point is, you shouldn't have to do this. The real workaround is to buy an HDMI adapter with pin 13 disabled, then plug this into the offending gadget that is plugged into your sound bar (identified by doing what you suggested)

0 Likes
Carlos22
Pioneer
Options
people shouldn't have to keep turning things off and unplugging them, this isnt a fux for the issue its just another reason for samsung to ignore the problems with their ***** equipment and poor tech support. ive given up with them and moved to another brand and havw had no issues at all.
0 Likes
Jane8
Student
Options

Thank you, it worked!!!

0 Likes
BoughtASumsang
First Poster
Options

Samsung Q70T, same issue. ARC will stop working occasionally.

I used to be able to power cycle the TV and sound bar to get them working again, but now all I get is occasionally a message telling me that I need to connect my ARC device on HDMI3, which is the one it's plugged into.

The lack of proper ARC support has caused severe usability issues. I will not be purchasing another Samsung product if this is not fixed.

0 Likes
Kiom17
First Poster
Options

Hi, same here with Orange in FR, my solution working right now is to plug the TV set-up box on the bar (HWQ90R) then the bar on the TV through Arc. That way the set-up box doesn't disturb the One box. Good tips to recommend to unplug HDMI 1 by 1 to see from where comes the problem, thank you Peter.

0 Likes
Wmal1
First Poster
Options

**To those of you having this issue...make sure the hdmi cable in the back of your sound bar is plugged in to the "HDMI OUT" port. To me this is counter intuitive.  I would guess most of you are using the "hdmi in" port as logic would suggest thus being the source of your troubles.  I had the same issue exactly as described above and this solved it for me.

0 Likes
Crazy-Canuck
First Poster
Options

I had this issue after connecting my Iphone to the soundbar to listen to music. TV Arc stopped working.  I went through everything you could think of.  One of the last things I tried was to reset the motherboard on the TV by disconnecting the power plug by pulling it out of the tv.  I waited 30 seconds and plugged the power cord into the back on the tv.  Then I turned on the tv and sound bar.  I set the sound bar to D.IN. and it then recognized the TV ARC.  It would appear the motherboard on the tv was affected by the Blue Tooth connection and was stuck and needed a reboot.  Technology, such fun.....when it works!

TV - Samsung UN75JU6500

Sound Bar - Samsung HW-HM550

0 Likes
icegras
First Poster
Options

-Google-Tv dongle

-Toshiba TV

-Samsung sound bar 

Tv arc was working fine and suddenly stopped. The fix was factory reset of the Toshiba TV!

0 Likes