Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV to Samsung soundbar with ARC - not working

(Topic created on: 30-03-2018 04:09 PM)
Pirko
Journeyman
Options

Hey!

I have a Samsung UEMU6175, and a Samsung HW-MS660 soundbar.

The TV is up and running, and the soundbar can play audio when streaming via Bluetooth.

However, getting the audio from the TV via HDMI (ARC) is not working.

I have the soundbar source set to "D.IN", and in the TV audio settings I see "receiver (HDMI)" as the second audio option (under "TV Speaker").

If I try to connect to "Receiver (HDMI)" the TV shows "Connecting Anynet+ Receiver" and a "loading" circle, but then nothing happens.

The TV tries to connect to this Receiver (HDMI)  like very 30 seconds, and the sound then goes mute for like 5 seconds. Then it is back to TV Speaker.

The TV actually connected to the soundbar once for a few minutes, when sound was coming through the soundbar. So there seems to be potentially working connection, but something causes this connection to not work properly.

Any ideas on what to try in order to make this work? Seems like a Samsung TV and a Samsung soundbar would be quite easy to connect, but no such luck...

87 REPLIES 87
Fiveperrys
First Poster
Options
I had to reset mine daily. I defaulted to using the optical port. I haven't had any problems since
0 Likes
Biggles685
Apprentice
Options

It can't be repaired and a replacement will have exactly the same fault.  You can either purchase a wireless remote socket to switch both the TV and Soundbar OFF, and then On, at the same time which seems to get the TV to see the Sounbar on the HDMI (ARC) connection, or you get your money back and buy a TV froom a different manufacturer.

0 Likes
TechMaven
Apprentice
Options
Here it is, 2020, and (in the US) my 2015 JS8000 with a Vizio soundbar has to be left on or I have to unplug it every time for the HDMI-CEC connected ARC channel to use the soundbar.

I unplug them both, wait about 10 seconds, plug them in, turn on the soundbar and ensure it's all the way on, then turn on the TV in order for it to see and connect to the soundbar. My understanding is that if the TV doesn't see the Anynet+ device connection on the first try, it assumes there's nothing there, which doesn't even happen with many Samsung-branded soundbars.

It's a software issue they aren't apparently fixing (at least not for older TVs, haven't seen on their latest models), which is a shame given the quality of the TVs themselves. But man, like with just about every flat-screen TV, the difference in using even a soundbar is exceptionally noticeable. Optical doesn't transmit a lot of the better sound formats, so that's just not an option IMHO.

Samsung, why aren't you just delaying the Anynet+ connection check for, say, 10 seconds? I have a cheap TCL for the bedroom with the same soundbar (they were on sale, what can I say) and it has not once had this issue. TCL. Think about that.
0 Likes
Biggles685
Apprentice
Options
Switch them on and off all from your armchair - just buy a remote controlled socket from Amazon. The link below gives you 4 sockets for just $21.99 so you can use the other three for standard lights etc.
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/CD5D1FB4-E0BA-4DEB-9970-D3DC617EC3D9?store_ref=SB_A01579352F7NCVS...
0 Likes
TechMaven
Apprentice
Options

Or Samsung could fix their software considering the often substantial cost already put into the equipment. And do I need yet another switch with yet another remote or purchase another (universal-style) remote? I appreciate the suggestion, and luckily for me, the socket isn't too far from my seat. For me, it is another consideration when deciding what brand to buy. (BTW, I have seen this similar issue of a "sleepy ARC chip" on the newest iterations of an otherwise fantastic TV, so getting a newer one apparently isn't an option)

Once again, I do in fact appreciate the suggestion and it could be helpful if it was more difficult to unplug the devices, but in the end, it's just patching Samsung's failure to fix the issue. My soundbar is on/off controlled by the TV and if the TV is sending the "power" command to the soundbar, it really should be able to sync it with the ARC once it does that. Surely that is something they could address.

0 Likes
Biggles685
Apprentice
Options
I agree with you completely, especially your comment about the later TVs. Mine is a 55" Q90 bought in November 2019 and it has the same problem connecting by HDMI with my Q90 soundbar. Samsung refuse to acknowledge the problem but the picture, and sound through the soundbar, is so fantastic I will live with the need to use the remote controlled socket to get an HDMI connection between the two items.
0 Likes
DB23
Apprentice
Options

Only just got my tv and already having an issues with connecting it to the sound bar via arc. It actually works and I get sound through but it won't recognise it for Atmos 

0 Likes
Nash76
Explorer
Options

@DB23 wrote:

Only just got my tv and already having an issues with connecting it to the sound bar via arc. It actually works and I get sound through but it won't recognise it for Atmos 

Had the same issue.  You need to connect your devices to the sound bar and then arc back to tv to get Atmos.  TV does not support it. I initially had everything plugged into one connect box and then arc to sound bar, never got Atmos or dts x.  

My setup:

Sky Q and Xbox one both connected to sound bar and then one cable via arc going back to TV.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
DB23
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I'll try this. 

I currently have sky q and Xbox one as well, both connected to the tv via hdmi and then sound bar arc to tv

0 Likes
DB23
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately, my sound bar only has 2 hdmi ports, one out and one in

0 Likes