Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV to Samsung soundbar with ARC - not working

(Topic created on: 29-01-2020 05:54 PM)
Pirko
Journeyman
Options

Hey!

I have a Samsung UEMU6175, and a Samsung HW-MS660 soundbar.

The TV is up and running, and the soundbar can play audio when streaming via Bluetooth.

However, getting the audio from the TV via HDMI (ARC) is not working.

I have the soundbar source set to "D.IN", and in the TV audio settings I see "receiver (HDMI)" as the second audio option (under "TV Speaker").

If I try to connect to "Receiver (HDMI)" the TV shows "Connecting Anynet+ Receiver" and a "loading" circle, but then nothing happens.

The TV tries to connect to this Receiver (HDMI)  like very 30 seconds, and the sound then goes mute for like 5 seconds. Then it is back to TV Speaker.

The TV actually connected to the soundbar once for a few minutes, when sound was coming through the soundbar. So there seems to be potentially working connection, but something causes this connection to not work properly.

Any ideas on what to try in order to make this work? Seems like a Samsung TV and a Samsung soundbar would be quite easy to connect, but no such luck...

87 REPLIES 87
DonnyAtmos
Journeyman
Options

Try to use hdmi arc port on sounbar...Hdmi in port doesnt work with my LG Tv , pc only:)

0 Likes
Nash76
Explorer
Options
Will not effect quality at all.
0 Likes
AliasDz
First Poster
Options

Same exact issue! I have the Samsung TV UN65MU6290 and the Samsung soundbar HW-N450/ZA with the back speakers SWA-8500S/ZA. I turned on my TV today and soundbar is now showing "Receiver" and nothing works except for the TV speaker... I was on the phone with Samsung and after an hour, nothing was resolved. I have this setup for 14 months so the lady said it was out of warranty. Figures, 2 months out of warranty and they stop working! The lady said I could send them in for repair at a cost! Thank g-d I looked at the receipt and saw that I got a 4 yr Geek Squad warranty! I hate electronics, now have to deal with the store again... I am sure they will tell me I did something wrong, fingers crossed it goes smoothly!

0 Likes
Ind
Student
Options

Again, if you seeing an issue with soundbar that over HDMI connection from TV, oneconnect box etc. the D.IN ARC input becomes "sleepy" and at the same time soundbar can be connected via wifi, bluetooth or optical cable without any problem, then the ONLY working solution is to reset power, unplug completely both TV and soundbar for 30 sec plus,  not just power off. This should reset ARC chip and connection will be restored. There is nothing broken with your item, Samsung hardware is ill by design here. This will only work till it happens again. And will several times a day or nothing for couple of month. That's why none of Samsung troubleshooting solves this issue really.

Fiveperrys
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue as everybody else.  I have to reset my tv's HDMI board at least once a day. Does Samsung have a fix for this? If not the TV is going back.

0 Likes
AliasDz
First Poster
Options

Well, I am thrilled to say that Sumsung helped fix my issue and I was blown away with their support! My HW-N450/ZA was giving me such issues, so I thought... I have an UN65MU6290 Samsung TV and the HDMI (ARC) would not work with my SB after working for a year without one issue. I have a 4 year warranty with the SB so I took them to Bestbuy and they connected them and all worked. My biggest fear was true, it was my TV and not the SB... Sooo... I plugged everything back in and while I was on line troubleshooting the issues, a "Live Chat" popped up, so I clicked it. Long story short, the support person logged onto my TV and fixed the issue! Now, everything is back in working perfect order! 

Thanks again Samsung!!!!

-Rick

0 Likes
trinity7070
First Poster
Options

same problem here with the Q70R soundbar and Samsung 2018 65" Curved TV....2nd time this has happened...working fine with hdmi then suddenly stopped. BT and WiFi worked fine but no HDMI.  unplugged all hdmi cables except the ARC Hdmi cable to the soundbar and TV.  Powered everything Off at the mains for 30 seconds...Turned everything on again and it worked... ARC Hdmi showed up as an option again on the soundbar...not sure why it worked but it did....smh

0 Likes
trinity7070
First Poster
Options
just turn everything off at the mains
0 Likes
Fiveperrys
First Poster
Options

Yes that will work every time, but I have to do that daily. Not cool:(

0 Likes
Chuckbeez
Apprentice
Options

Having the same issues here in the states. Brand new 75 inch qled purchased in December 2019 with brand new R5 soundbar. Took forever to get it set up because of the 'sleepy' arc chip and now it seems to be getting worse and occurring every time I turn off the tv. Should I pursue warranty exchanges or repairs?  Thanks!