Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV no audio with Samsung R450 Soundbar

(Topic created on: 17-07-2021 01:59 AM)
dmcd1
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have a Samsung un40mu6300 TV and a Samsung R450 soundbar.  I am suddenly not getting audio no matter what I try.   It was fine last night, then not at all today all of the sudden. 

I am able to connect my phone in Bluetooth mode on the soundbar and play back no problem.

And I am able to connect the TV to an alternate BT speaker source and that is compatible.  I do get TV speaker audio, as well.  

But can not connect the Samsung TV to the Samsung soundbar.  The soundbar does not appear on the BT speaker list and the pairing button on the audio remote also will not connect it. 

Anynet is on and an Anynet test is fine.    

I am also not able to connect using an optical cable.  This just give silence and the audio volume functions on the universal remote are not there, although they were awhile back when I used to use an optical connection.   

I have tried a factory reset but this did not fix it.  

Could there have been a faulty update or something?  

Does anybody have any advice for me on this?  

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
dmcd1
First Poster
Options
I got this figured out.  If you have an HW-R450 or similar soundbar here is what worked for me.  

1. Press the
PAIR button on the remote control to enter the "BT PAIRING" mode.
(OR)
a. Press the (Source) button on the right side panel and then select "BT"

"BT" changes to "BT READY" in a few seconds automatically if there is no Bluetooth device
connected to the Soundbar.
b. When "BT READY" appears, press and hold the (Source) button on the right side panel
of the Soundbar for more than 5 seconds to display "BT PAIRING". (Or I just pressed source on the remote for 5 secs)
2. Select Bluetooth mode on the TV. (For more information, see the TV's manual.) (For me this was in the BT speaker list)
3. Select "[AV] Samsung Soundbar R4-Series" from the list on TV's screen.
An available Soundbar is indicated with "Need Pairing" or "Paired" on the TV's Bluetooth device
list. To connect the TV to the Soundbar, select the message, and then establish a connection. (For me it asked me to pair and connect
• When the TV is connected, [TV Name] → "BT" appears on the Soundbar's front display.
4. You can now hear TV sound from the Soundbar.

0 Likes
Eipinifrin88
First Poster
Options
you
0 Likes