Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung tv box GX-730SH

(Topic created on: 03-10-2020 12:30 PM)
jd271
First Poster
Options

My TV box (GX-730SH) was installed in Portugal by Meo. It worked fine at first, but afterI was 9 months away from home, it will play back previously-recorded videos, but won't work on any of the channels. The troubleshooter message is that the smart card isn't being sensed. I've removed it, checked it and re-inserted it a number of times, but the problem remains.

Since the box remained undisturbed (not even turned on) for 9 months, it's hard to see why the card no longer works.

Any suggestions welcomed.

I have contacted Meo Portugal, but will probably be dead and buried by the time they respond.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
you could try and unplug ur tv for 15 to 20 and have ur card removed at the same time. and u can put ur card back in once you put ur tv on.
0 Likes
jd271
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried and it didn't work. All the channels remain scrambled. The smart card status shows as 'OK'.

I thought I'd try restoring the original settings to see if that works. All I need now is the PIN number, which the installer didn't leave! (No user manual with the equipment either, but I managed to download a copy.)

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
You could try and call for ur pin and tell them about your situation.
0 Likes