Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung soundbar S61A (alexa built-in)

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 07:54 PM)
RollingProtocol
Explorer
Options
Hi, I have a Samsung ​Soundbar S61A (alexa built-in), connected to a Samsung SMART TV via eArc HDMI cable... I've got my tv and sound connected to the Alexa app via Smarthings... I can change the volume, switch on off TV, but I can't select apps or change channels... Do I need to connect sky box q to Alexa?... any help please, thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@RollingProtocol: It sounds like you have the built-in Alexa set up correctly, as it is recognising your voice commands, however the inability to launch apps or change channels may be a limitation of the feature itself. Can you confirm the model number of your TV, and what method you're using to issue your voice commands? 

RollingProtocol
Explorer
Options
Hi @AndrewL, the model number of the TV is Samsung QN94AA 50 inch... I did post a similar query on the Amazon Alexa official forum... but they replied that the issue may lie with Samsung... thx for your help... The method of command is via the Soundbar not the Alexa App.
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@RollingProtocol: If you have the QN94A then please head to Settings > General > Voice > Voice Assistant > Amazon Alexa, and choose this as your voice assistant for the TV itself. Now, issue your voice commands using the TV's Smart Remote (press and hold the mic button at the top, say your command, then release) and this should allow you to perform TV related commands, such as changing the channel. 

RollingProtocol
Explorer
Options
Thanks AndrewL... Will look into this.
RollingProtocol
Explorer
Options
@AndrewL... just to say thank you for your help and clear advice/instructions, it all works now.