Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Soundbar Q80R disable auto power off

(Topic created on: 26-05-2020 04:13 PM)
Passenger
Apprentice
Options

I want to turn off the feature that shutdown the soundbar after n minutes when there is no sound.

I have tried to press and hold the play button for 5-7 seconds, but that does not work.

Any idea how to fix that for this specific model Q80R ?

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

HI @Passenger 

Instructions for turning off the Auto Power Link can be found on page 28 of the user manual here.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Passenger
Apprentice
Options

This problem has nothing with "Auto Power Link" which I have enabled and it works fine. When I turn the TV on, the soundbar also turns on. When I turn TV off the soundbar also turns off. That is all good.

My problem is when TV is on but something is muted (Youtube, Netflix, whatever) soundbar auto-shutdown itself and I want to disable that feature, but don't know how.

Phattydeluxe
First Poster
Options

As far as I know, the Q80R Soundbar does not have the ability to disable the "Auto Off" feature.  It is set to 5 minutes, which is SO ANNOYING.  I keep hoping Samsung will add this ability in a firmware update.  This design choice boggles my mind... every time I pause the TV for more than 5 minutes I come back to the soundbar being off.  WHY DO YOU HATE US SAMSUNG?

Passenger
Apprentice
Options

I totally agree. With the latest firmware, they offered eArc support but ruined many features that were working before like the option to turn on the device via mobile app, or to auto-connect to Bluetooth when powered off.

I will never again buy Samsung soundbar because they care so little about users. Their primary focus is to deploy the next generation and make more money.

Njunior
First Poster
Options

For what ?

0 Likes
krasnal
First Poster
Options

OK Samsung - has that been fixed yet? Please send the link to the firmware that has the auto OFF disabled. My soundbar is unusable - I connected it to the PC and it just keeps turning itself off. A $1000 device should be designed better than that.