(Topic created on: 05-10-2019 07:33 AM)
ericmita
Student
Options

Hello,

I have the following:

• TV: Samsung 55MU6102
  • soundbar: Samsung HW-K360/EN, 130W

I have connected the two of them with a digital optic cable and set the soundbar to D.IN.

My problem is that the soundbar doesn't power on or off automatically when I turn on or off the TV.

The volume of the soundbar is controlled by the TV remote (even though the volume doesn't display at all on the TV, just on the soundbar).

Any tips on what should I do?

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
AndrewL
Options
@ericmita: To enable Auto Power Link please press and hold the left arrow '<' on the soundbar remote for around 5 seconds. With the device connected to your TV via Optical cable, and the source set to D:IN, this should power on the soundbar when you turn on the TV. Please be aware however that Auto Power Link only works when powering on the TV, and won't power off the soundbar when you switch off the TV. Hope this helps.
ericmita
Student
Options

I already did what you said, but still not working.

And there is no way to power on/off the soundbar with the tv remote?

0 Likes
Bragekb
Student
Options

Situation: Samsung tv and Samsung soundbar connected with HDMI arc anynet+ (no bluetooth in my setup)

Problem: suddenly the soundbar won’t turn on when i turn on tv. This appears «out of the blue»

Solution: On the Samsung tv, choose «TV» as Source - a blue checkmark appears showing that the current source is tv. Now use tv as normal and soundbar turns on with tv. This fixed the problem immediately.

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Please try all options cited by the components of the Community and let us know if you continue with problems please, choose as fixed if work :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
CJ68
First Poster
Options

When soundbar input is HDMI when turning off the TV the soundbar turns off but when turning the TV back on it does not turn on the soundbar. When in TV mode TV ARC the sound bar turns on and off

Saiftweety1983
First Poster
Options

Hello !

I got this problem recently and looked everywhere for a solution , your tip solved this problem , thanks 

Snowjoggs
Apprentice
Options

How is this a solution? I have the same issue. Selecting TV input on my TV will not display the picture/sound passed from HDMI1 input on the soundbar passed through HDMI-arc to the TV. Having to toggle the source selector after starting the TV to also start the soundbar is just as cumbersome as having to use the soundbar remote to turn it on.

Snowjoggs
Apprentice
Options

Omg I just figured it out! This will only work if both soundbar and TV have wifi. Connected them both to your home network and add them in the smarthings app on your phone. In the app use the automation functionality  to setup a simple logic

IF Tv = ON THEN Soundbar = ON

Presto, problem solved!

0 Likes
RageBully
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much.  This worked for me!!!

0 Likes