Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S60T Alexa sensitivity

(Topic created on: 18-11-2020 10:17 PM)
Mike_P
Navigator
Options
I have the S60T soundbar, and to be honest it's pretty good given it's size - just needs a Sub for oomph.

My big issue is Alexa - the mic is way, way too sensitive, even picking up sound from the TV program which is causing it to disrupt the TV I'm watching.

I know I can disable the mic via the button but does anyone know any other was to reduce sensitivity??
6 REPLIES 6
ameros717
Student
Options
yes
0 Likes
dimakgb
First Poster
Options

Hi Mike, 

Yeah, exactly the same here. The bar itself is good, but having replaced my Alexa Dot with bar's build in one it is becoming super annoying as Alexa wakes up 10-20 times per evening without anyone saying anything remotely close ro "Alexa" wake up word. In fact, even TV  show can trigger it, which "dims" the sound for a few second as she "listens" for the "question" or "command". Never had this problem with Alexa Dot which was abiut a foot away from where my soundbar is now.

Someone please help! 

0 Likes
247Lee
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I thought it was just me but I am having the same problem and it’s incredibly frustrating. Did anyone manage to sort this out..?

0 Likes
Mike_P
Navigator
Options
I've not found a solution - I've just disabled.
Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

Hello

ive just picked up one of these hw-s61 soundbars and have connected to my tv via hdmi arc cable. Regarding Alexa, does she stay on listening all the time even if the tv is off or does she switch off after a set amount of time if the soundbar is not used, as the manual mentions the soundbar goes off if sound is not detected for 18-minutes?

0 Likes
Mike_P
Navigator
Options
it stays on (listening) all the time.
it's great - just too sensitive.

anyone found the sub for sale anywhere BTW?