Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q990B not connecting to Alexa

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 02:29 PM)
Chrissey
Student
Options

Ordered the soundbar, delivered yesterday, set up went great and Alexa worked - ONCE.

Now it will not work at all.

Has anyone had this issue?  And how did you resolve it.

112 REPLIES 112
mlanski
First Poster
Options

Same here, just bought a s61b soindbar and had nothing bust major issues inclusing one where alexa doesn't work no matter what I did. Tried multiple factory resets, nothing at all. It worked ONCE randomly but afyer a day it stopped responding and never was able to get it back ever since.

I feel like samsung is selling ***** and are getting away with it. Between the issues I have with frame 2021 tv and multiple problems with q600, q700 and now s60a, it's totally unacceptable! Worse part is that I read similar issues dating back years and are still happening. How can they get away with this!!!!???

0 Likes
Timl1
First Poster
Options

I have had the same issue,  Alexa worked when 1st set up but stopped working as soon as i installed the latest firmware update 1008.2 when it then stopped working, this is the second bar i have had that has done the same. i have spoken to support but didn't get a resolution. I guess i will keep my fingers crossed its resolved at the next firmware update. its very frustrating! and apparently you can't downgrade the firmware!

0 Likes
Indian_Geek
Journeyman
Options

Guys download https://file.io/m3E1nRlU6MXR  and extract on a usb drive, in root of usb drive there shall be a folder dotnet.inhouse having two files in it. Attach usb drive to q990B, it will update Alexa and will resolve issue, please let me know how it went.

0 Likes
Timl1
First Poster
Options

Thanks Indian geek, before i do this and invalidate my warrantee, who are you and what is the fix? is it validated by Samsung?  

cheers

0 Likes
Indian_Geek
Journeyman
Options

I was having issue with Alexa and lodged complaint with Samsung India, engineer visited and updated with these files, i asked him to give copy which he did. Alexa is working fine for last 1 week.

0 Likes
Timl1
First Poster
Options

Thank you

0 Likes
CMcG88
Student
Options

@Indian_Geek i'm getting 'file deleted' when i click on your link, any chance of a reupload?

@Timl1  - did this fix work for you?

Cheers guys

0 Likes
Indian_Geek
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Indian_Geek
Journeyman
Options

Please share mailid if you need these files

0 Likes