Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q990B not connecting to Alexa

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 02:29 PM)
Chrissey
Student
Options

Ordered the soundbar, delivered yesterday, set up went great and Alexa worked - ONCE.

Now it will not work at all.

Has anyone had this issue?  And how did you resolve it.

112 REPLIES 112
Members_LzoixGF
Student
Options

I had the exact same thing when i set mine up 4 weeks ago. It worked fine and played music then just like that it wouldn't 'wake up'. 

I reset it twice and last week i reset it again. I connected the soundbar to my smart things app and then registered the soundbar to my alexa app on my ipad. However it didnt work until about 2 days later when it randomly 'woke' and now it's been working for the last 3 days

rodrigofruiz
Student
Options

Third day of use and I have the same problem. My firmware is 1008.2. Samsung's engineering team urgently needs to fix the software. I'm looking at a number of disgruntled users. I am frustrated with the product, company support and the Samsung company.

CMcG88
Student
Options

Yes same here. No alexa functionality. When I now select 'link to amazon alexa' it just opens the alexa app and nothing happens.

It worked once ob the first startup and then hasn't since. No troubleshooting available or anything. Very poor from Samsung. Support is needed ASAP. 

0 Likes
Chrissey
Student
Options
I have sent mine back. Certainly not paying premium price for a substandard product, shocking.
0 Likes
Shthamar
First Poster
Options

I had same problem and everything is fixed! Make sure the network what you select [2g/3g (5g won't supported)] to register your soundbar on smart things app is the same network  you should connect your mobile too in order to use Alexa on sound bar -only then your soundbar alexa would work. For example first go to smart things app-»add device and while adding it will ask you to connect to a network (suppose i have 2g and 5g network option and i selected 2g network). Make sure you connect your mobile to this same network once device Is added successfully. Then go to alexa app and  again add your soundbar which will get connect through your samsung account to the smart things app.  Now shoot your voice commands to your soundbar andThis works!!

0 Likes
Indian_Geek
Journeyman
Options

Tried almost everything, changing router, registering/un-registering on Samsung/Alexa app, it is just random it starts working and then stops all of sudden, definitely a bug. 

0 Likes
Walmiltur
Navigator
Options

Same for me, Alexa doesn't works no matter what.

0 Likes
Ezio13
First Poster
Options

Same for me, Google assistant  doesn't works no matter what.

0 Likes
Erik González
First Poster
Options

Same for me, Alexa works fine about two days, after that Alexa stopped working, and Samsung support department does not know anything.

0 Likes