Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q95 TV & Q950T soundbar eARC issues

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 07:26 AM)
SotirisGR
Journeyman
Options

Hello to all.

I have a Samsung Q95 tv and recently just bought a Q950T samsung soundbar and constantly have issues with eARC.

I have connected them through HDMI 3 port of one connect box using the HDMI cable that came along with the soundbar.

However, I keep seeing TV ARC on the display of the soundbar instead of eARC.

I have made tons of attempts :

• changing settings (turning on/off the eARC feature and the same with other settings)
  • disconnecting and reconnecting the two devices and all other devices I have connected in one connect box (2 cable tv boxes, one WD media player and one old playstation 3)
  • switching on and off the tv and soundbar
  • checked the firmware of both tv and soundbar

Sometimes by some of the above combinations I get it to work and show eARC but after I close the TV and open it on again the next morning we are back at square one (TV ARC shown instead of eARC)

I also have to say that even when I have eARC on, even if it is not working since TV ARC is shown on soundbar, I have sound (instead of other reports I saw around here about not having sound when you have eARC on).

Does anyone has any clue what I can try and solve this thing?

I have seen other reports here that other users have similar issues but most of them I think report that they have different brands of TV and soundbar (mostly SONOS i think).

It is really frustrating not getting a TV and soundbar of the same company to work!

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
NismoBlue
First Poster
Options
I'll speak with the technician when he comes. Thanks.
0 Likes
martin satara
First Poster
Options

check offcial specification: https://hdmi.org/spec/hdmi2_1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

for ARC: HDMI 1.4 is ok

for eARC(atmos,DTS,enhanced sound) 2..1

0 Likes