Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q95 TV & Q950T soundbar eARC issues

(Topic created on: 27-01-2021 02:30 AM)
SotirisGR
Journeyman
Options

Hello to all.

I have a Samsung Q95 tv and recently just bought a Q950T samsung soundbar and constantly have issues with eARC.

I have connected them through HDMI 3 port of one connect box using the HDMI cable that came along with the soundbar.

However, I keep seeing TV ARC on the display of the soundbar instead of eARC.

I have made tons of attempts :

• changing settings (turning on/off the eARC feature and the same with other settings)
  • disconnecting and reconnecting the two devices and all other devices I have connected in one connect box (2 cable tv boxes, one WD media player and one old playstation 3)
  • switching on and off the tv and soundbar
  • checked the firmware of both tv and soundbar

Sometimes by some of the above combinations I get it to work and show eARC but after I close the TV and open it on again the next morning we are back at square one (TV ARC shown instead of eARC)

I also have to say that even when I have eARC on, even if it is not working since TV ARC is shown on soundbar, I have sound (instead of other reports I saw around here about not having sound when you have eARC on).

Does anyone has any clue what I can try and solve this thing?

I have seen other reports here that other users have similar issues but most of them I think report that they have different brands of TV and soundbar (mostly SONOS i think).

It is really frustrating not getting a TV and soundbar of the same company to work!

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
AnnaAS84
First Poster
Options

Hi SotirisGr and Samsung,

We have similar issues having just spent a lot of money on the Q700t TV and the Q950t soundbar. We have bought a brand new HDMI 2.1 cable and have manged to get the eArc and Atmos sound working. However, the eArc connection sometimes disappears but remains connected through Arc instead (Atmos sound is reverted to 5.1). If you switch the TV off/on at the wall and then go to settings you can get eArc working again but toggling the eArc Auto/off button. But this is frustrating given the amound we paid and that both products are Samsung. Any ideas what is going on here? We are running the latest firmware on both Tv and soundbar.

Additionally, we have had to switch off all the sound enhancements (adaptive sound on the TV and virtual surround on the soundbar) as when watching anything, the talking was too quiet and the background noise was suddenly too loud. Any ideas was it going on here also?

Finally, when switching off the TV (with HDMI CEC enabled), the sound bar remains on until you switch it off using the soundbar remote. Why doesnt the TV switch off the soundbar? If I long press the power button on any remote it switches off the TV and soundbar, but when you switch on the TV, the soundbar remains off. Grateful for a solution to this also!

MichelleLitzau
First Poster
Options

Additionally, we have had to switch off all the sound enhancements (adaptive sound on the TV and virtual surround on the soundbar) as when watching anything, the talking was too quiet and the background noise was suddenly too loud. Any ideas was it going on here also?”

We have the same issue with the same TV / Soundbar combo - makes no sense. Following for responses that hopefully include a quick fix!

RAS85
First Poster
Options

We are greeted by this error message everytime we switch on the TV (Q700t TV with Q950t soundbar connected via e-ARC HMDI 8K cable). Really annoying. Strange that a samsung tv doesn't seem to work seamlessly with a samsung soundbar (lots of money for the setup). Noted that Samsung havent commented on any of these posts.

IMG_E5066.JPGIMG_5179.JPGIMG_5180.JPG

0 Likes
Red3ullZzzz
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue with my Q90 and Q950 soundbar.

I replaced the hdmi cable with a 8k cable and it didn't solve anything.

Even with the last firmware update for the soundbar... 

Sometimes it works for few days and then it crashes.

Such a shame to encounter this problel with such an expensive set up

0 Likes
Bendert96
Navigator
Options

We've had the same problem. Since the beginning. Qe55q95t and hw-q950t

The replaced the mainboard of the tv and the one connect box. Problems still occured.

Then I've send the soundbar to the repair shop of Samsung. The have replaced the mainboard of the soundbar. And everything is working fine since then.

Now we have a new problem. The soundbar doesn't always turn on with the tv. That's why I'm here, searching for a solution..

0 Likes
NismoBlue
First Poster
Options
Hi..I'm having the same issues. Samsung
QE75Q900T TV connected to a Samsung Q950T soundbar via the eHDMI ports.
I phoned Samsung. They did a remote reset on TV & Soundbar but after turning the Set up back on the next morning the problem had returned. It's not recognising that there is a cable in the Arc hdmi. The only way I get sound is if switch to WiFi. Has a solution been found?20211123_181129_19775_1637691091.jpg20211123_120403_19762_1637669046.jpg20211123_181158_19776_1637691119.jpg
0 Likes
Bendert96
Navigator
Options

Replacement of the main board did the trick for my soundbar

0 Likes
NismoBlue
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your reply.. I'm waiting for a visit from a Samsung technician soon. Hopefully they will sort it out.
0 Likes
Bendert96
Navigator
Options

They also came to our house. But only for the tv. I've had to send the soundbar to te repair shop of Samsung. So the have replaced the main board of the tv and one connect box. But that didn't do the trick. 

Sending my soundbar and replace that main board solved my problem.

To bad they wouldn't take a look at the soundbar at my house.  But it's working fine now, I had the problem from the beginning. 

0 Likes