Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Q90R Soundbar Right Rear Speaker Fast Flashing

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 02:52 PM)
Munier
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a Samsung Soundbar Q90R. I have manually updated the firmware on the soundbar itself, but not the satellites or subwoofer yet (because it simply won't initiate). I suspect the Rear Right speaker is defective, but since I don't know what normal behaviour is, I don't have anything else to compare it to.

My problem is that the Right Rear speaker will not connect and there is no sound. I see the following behaviour:

1. When I plug it in, the red light comes on, then the blue light flashes, but a lot faster than the other satellite flashes. Is this normal behaviour, or do both satellites flash at the same speed?

2. When I press ID SET on the Right Rear, nothing happens, no red light, nothing. The blue light just continues to flash really fast.

3. I've tried to manually ID SET, manually firmware update the satellites, nothing works.

4. When I run the test tone (holding in "Sound Mode" on the remote for 5 seconds when Soundbar is off) and no sound from Rear Right.

5. When I adjust the volume levels of the speakers, no Rear Right speaker shows up.

I will greatly appreciate your assistance if you know how the Soundbar is supposed to behave and if this is normal.

Thanks,

Munier

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Rodi82
Student
Options

same problem ..... 

0 Likes
Alex1616
Student
Options

I have the exact same problem and all Samsung did was to ask me to bring to their service center and worst of all they expect me To bring the whole set, I even ask for onsite service or some onsite delivery service that they could help me bring my brand new Soundbar for servicing instead of selling me something which I have to spend so much time pairing and setting id daily. All my friends and family laugh at me because I was boasting how good this soundbar was. If you were to give me a chance I wouldn’t buy this Soundbar which is not cheap and worst of all they expect me to bring the whole set down to their service center when in the first place it is their item that is faulty. Very disappointing really hope they can work out something with a new firmware  

0 Likes
Alex1616
Student
Options

My advice Don’t buy a Samsung Soundbar till they solve the pairing issue or at least recall the spoilt ones, I really cannot be bother to bring a brand new Soundbar for servicing I would just let Samsung be a laughing stock till they re-solve  this issue , why does tv and all the other items have onsite service except the Soundbar is it because the Soundbar is cheaper? Or the Q90R is actually a bunch of defective goods which they try to get rid off? If anybody is thinking of buying a Q90R don’t do it 

0 Likes
Alex1616
Student
Options

If it’s is not our consumer fault , don’t you think Samsung have responsibilities to take care of a defective goods that is sold by them brand new? I’m taking care of my old age dad and I cannot afford to leave him alone at home while I bring the Q90R for servicing when it is faulty straight out from the factory 

0 Likes
Edmond
First Poster
Options

Hey this is easy to fix , just press the id reset button on the back of the rear speaker for 5seconds then press the up button on remote for 5 seconds and then put your sound system on surround and it should work . 

0 Likes
ZN950-user
First Poster
Options

Hi, did you find solution to this problem. I have exactly the same issue and seems Samsung has no solution to it.

regards.

0 Likes
Munier
First Poster
Options

Hi, it was under warranty so Samsung replaced it.

0 Likes
Willem82
First Poster
Options
  • Thanks, 
This worked for me in one go
After looking 2 days for a solution.
0 Likes