Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung q90r soundbar ARC connection issue

(Topic created on: 17-01-2021 10:48 PM)
sut1576
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys i could so with some help please

if i explain my tv setup first. i have a samsung Q9 tv with the one connect box. this paired with samsung Q90R soundbar,
i have them connected via hdmi cables. the hdmi cable connects the ARC on my soundbar top the ARC on my TVs one connect box. i then have my set top box and firestick connected to the standard hdmi ports on the one connect box.

The tv and soundbar was working fine until last night when i suddenly noticed the sound had started coming from the tv speaker and not the soundbar. i tried to send the sound back through the soundbar but was unable to select the hdmi connection on the tv. i used to have 4 choices when selecting how the audio is played from my tv. tv speaker, hdmi, wifi, optical,
now i only have 3 as the hdmi choice dose not appear at all.

i have tried 3 different hdmi cables i have tried changing sounces on both the soundbar and on the tv although never having the HDMI choice on my tv to get the sound back through the soundbars hdmi / arc sound.
the soundbar appears to be working fine as i have connected it via wifi and the sound is fine for normal tv but i have lost the dolby didgital+ from my firestick and on occassion the wifi sound drops out so would love to get back to arc audio

if anyone can help please.

i am wondering if the arc hdmi port on either my one connect box or on the soundbar has died ? does anyone know how i could fins this out or test the fact ?

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0