Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q700A Soundbar can't Passtrough Dolby Atmos audio on Xbox

(Topic created on: 08-08-2021 12:55 PM)
NanoGuidingStar
Apprentice
Options

I have a LG C1 TV and a Samsung Q700A Soundbar, both of them are new release in 2021.

The question is after I set all up, my Xbox just can't passthrough Dolby Atmos audio to my new Soundbar.

My setting>>> TV set to Passthrough with eARC enable, Xbox set to bitstream

When I set my Xbox to bitstream, I can't choose Dolby Atmos Home theater. It says my Soundbar doesn't support Dolby Atmos, which is not true.

I used Sony's HT-X8500 Soundbar before, and I didn't encounter problem like this.

How can I solve this problem?

Edit 1: Both of them are in the latest firmware version

Edit 2: I don't want to connect my Xbox Series X directly to Soundbar because I'll lose all of HDMI 2.1 benefits

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Seems to be a TV issue from what I have read on other forums. What I did glean was you need to set the XBox to automatic. I would recommend looking at LG forums as this is where the issue lies.

0 Likes
NanoGuidingStar
Apprentice
Options

I don't think this is LG's or other manufacturer's problem. This is an issue since last year's Samsung's Soundbar had.

You can search "Q950T", There were lots of similar thread discussed about eARC issue on Samsung's 2020/2021 Soundbar, which was told that thier Soundbar didn't support multi channel LPCM through eARC.

And now we have the same eARC issue in this year's product (Q700A, Q950A)

0 Likes
NanoGuidingStar
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/HW-Q950T-eARC-LPCM-bug/td-p/1860582

There are lots of thread pointed out that Samsung's 2020/2021 Soundbars have some kind of eARC issue that needs to be fixed. 

Not just Xbox, it also happens on Apple TV 4K.

I used Sony's HTX8500 Soundbar before I purchased Samsung's Q700A. There is no issue on Xbox+LG C1+HTX8500 set up while outputting Dolby Atmos.

This is definitely Samsung's problem, and it has not been fixed since last year.

0 Likes
Speedy91
Apprentice
Options

Hello i have the same setup as you i dont even have Dolby Athmos on the soundbar from the Tv, Do you get Dolby Athmos from the tv to the soundbar is that working?  or do you get the problem only with the xbox ?

0 Likes
CmdrCoffee
Apprentice
Options

I've had no issues with lag at all across several soundbars with several Samsung TV's.

But... for the last two weeks, the combo of QN90A and Q800T with Xbox running through TV on eARC as intended has led to all sorts of Dolby Atmos dropping. About every 10-15 minutes. Was fine from September until now. Believe it's an update. Notably, the Xbox sound settings have changed, but can't rule out a change Samsung side as updates are automatic.

0 Likes