Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Multiroom Tidal Log-in Issue

(Topic created on: 01-06-2020 04:44 PM)
Ripperoo
Pioneer
Options

My previous post about this got flagged as Spam by some overly sensitive member for some reason (maybe they got a phobia of criticism?).

Anyhow, since yesterday, I have been unable to log-in to the Tidal music service in Samsung Multiroom?

It was working fine in the morning, then later in the day, "Invalid ID" message when trying to launch a playlist.

Has anyone else had any log in issues with Tidal and how was it rectified?

I've so far

• Uninstalled and re-installed the Samsung Multiroom app
  • Reset all 10 x R360 speakers
  • Changed Tidal password via their own website (so I know it's valid)
  • Reset router to factory settings
  • Used a different device (Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G and Tab3)

Yet, still I get the "Invalid ID" message when trying to play music using the Tidal service integrated integrated into Samsung Multiroom.

30 REPLIES 30
Ripperoo
Pioneer
Options

I think Spotify still works.  But the diffence is that when you select the Spotify icon in Samsung Multiroon, you actually leave the realms the Samsung app and the Spotify app is launched.

You cannot directly manage groups of speakers directly from Spotify, but if you set up your groups or stereo sets in Multiroom first, then select the Spotify service, you can choose your speaker groups as a device once tje standalon Spotify app opens.

0 Likes
lou13
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the advice - I might try spotify if this Tidal issue isn't resolved soon.

0 Likes
Ripperoo
Pioneer
Options

I've just had a new error message!

Its as if Android is blocking the app from connecting to the internet.

Screenshot_20200601-181843_Samsung Multiroom.jpg

0 Likes
ElijahCottle
First Poster
Options
Im experiencing the same issue. Samsung MultiRoom app will not login to Tidal, but will work with amazon music , Spotify , iHeartRadio
0 Likes
lou13
Journeyman
Options

Looks like this person in Mexico is having the same issue with Multiroom and Tidal login.....

https://twitter.com/J0551N6/status/1267532958723792897

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 19.30.10.png

0 Likes
Ripperoo
Pioneer
Options

So basically, the transalation goes:

============================================

JO551N6:

I cannot log in with my TIDAL account in the Samsung Multiroom app. Can you help me, please?

SAMSUNG:

Please check for Galaxy system and feature updates available; To do this, go to Galaxy Store> More (the three dots in the upper right corner)> My page> Update> All (if updates are available).

JO551N6:

I am using the latest versions of the app. Version 4143 on Android and version 4145 on iOS.

SAMSUNG:

Head to Settings > General Administration > Reset > Reset settings.

If the problem persists, it will be necessary to delete the account, enter: Settings > Accounts and backup > Accounts > Delete the account that has the problem and add it again

JO551N6:

I followed the instructions, but it still doesn't work.

============================================

Well that just sums up Samsung customer service up and exactly what I'm talking about!

Absolute generic nonsense and no help at all.

It annoys me that they think most of us are that thick that we wouldn't have tried all these things.

It's a ***** insult to their customers intelligence!

Yet, I bet they have still had no reported instance of any problem existing!

0 Likes
j0551n6
First Poster
Options

Hi!

Hahaha! It's funny that you found my tweet. I also asked TIDAL if their partnership with Samsung was over, they didn't confirm it and just replied me that they were working to fix the issue. It seems that they made it, Samsung Multiroom is working with Tidal again.

8592266D-E697-47D7-A196-E9A0843F7F90.jpeg

0 Likes
Bibenduman
Student
Options
I was able to log in and play some tracks. Regrettably, when I tried to play some Dolby Atmos tracks, I received only: Asset is not ready for playback!
0 Likes
Ripperoo
Pioneer
Options

Hey

Was that your Twitter post I translated? LOL

I've updated my post about (changed "User" to your username).

Excellent result!!

I have just tried  to log in and BOOM, logged in!

Glad they fixed it and it would be nice to know how they fixed it as I have the same issue with logging into Deezer!

Happy dayz again! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
j0551n6
First Poster
Options

@Ripperoo wrote:

Hey

Was that your Twitter post I translated? LOL

Excellent result!!

I have just tried  to log in and BOOM, logged in!

Glad they fixed it and it would be nice to know how they fixed it as I have the same issue with logging into Deezer!

Happy dayz again! :smiling-face:

Yes, it was mine. 

I was looking for a solution and found this post.

They haven't replied me since Thursday. I don't know how they fixed it or if the problem fixed itself. :thinking-face:

0 Likes