Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung MultiRoom speakers grouping and TV surround sound

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 02:55 PM)
Superflous
First Poster
Options

I have a 2020 Q80T TV, 4x Samsung wireless speakers (2xWM551 (M5) and 2x WM331 (M3) speakers and the Samsung MultiRoom hub. 

The speakers have never stayed connected or grouped properly. Trying to set them as surround system on the TV worked once and now never again. 1-3 of them just don’t appear in the app as connected despite being set up and working previously. Nor do they appear on the Tv. Al the videos from Samsung show the old (much better MultiRoom app, the new one is horrible and buggy).

Should the speakers be in tv sound connect mode? (Tried this and many other things, turning them off and on, resetting etc). 

samsung how can it be that I have £1000 of TV and £600 of speakers all made by you and they are so bad at talking to each other and working as advertised?

Any suggestions on how I get these to consistently stay connected in surround sound mode with Tv? I’m not even using them for anything else like music so should be simple?

2 REPLIES 2
MarkyMark9998
Journeyman
Options

I went through that estability issue before for months in 2017. 

Good News: Turn off your ISP combo modem router Wi-Fi and use a good AC Wi-Fi such as Asus or anything for Gaming/ Hi Traffix Speed (avoid netgear on the long term as it will wear off). I have 17 WiFi devices home in constant use and that caused instability.

Bad News: Android 11 update just messed up Samsung Multiroom. You can play wifi streaming music, but it will crash if you try playing music from your phone directly. 

MarkyMark9998
Journeyman
Options

Also split your WiFi 5g and 2.4g. Put as many devices on 5g as you can.