Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Multiroom App Still Broken After 24 Months!

(Topic created on: 20-09-2020 01:11 PM)
Ripperoo
Pioneer
Options

I have a Samsung multiroom system that comprises:

Samsung WAM6500  R6 Wireless 360 x 3
Samsung WAM3500  R3 Wireless 360 x 2
Samsung WAM1500  R1 Wireless 360 x 4
Samsung HWJ6500R Curved SoundbarSoundbar x 1
Samsung WAM250   Wireless Audio Multiroom Hub x 1

I've had this system for well over two years now and it has been great, except for one major flaw!

For well over 18 months now, I've had an issue when opening "Deezer" playlists from within the "Samsung Multiroom" app on any of my many Samsung devices, including Galaxy Note 10+, S9, S7E, S5 and various Samsung tablets.

Even tried the desltop app and that gave the same result.

All playlists worked fine until the last firmware update on the speakers, which was v3117.1, sometime in May 2018.

It is therefore obvious to anyone that something in that last update messed up the "Deezer" service within "Samsung Multiroom".

I have contacted both “Deezer” and “Samsung” numerous times, which aleays ends up with “Samsung” blaming “Deezer” and vice versa.

Never ending circle of blame!

A bit of a kick in the teeth to a loyal Samsung customer who purchased most of these speakers because they had a good "Deezer" promotion at the time.

This means my Multiroom system is now basically just a set of 10 expensive paperweights, costing well in excess of £2000 because someone, somewhere won’t do their goddamn job (be that Deezer or Samsung)!

Many other users have had the same issue, which is documented on the "Deezer" forums.
https://en.deezercommunity.com/other-devices-49/samsung-multiroom-app-error-for-new-playlists-12027

One of the members going to great lengths to explain and display on video the issue and how it can be replicated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pyvv1qjmAc

Please Samsung, take this issue seriously as it is not an isolated incident when many people have the same issue, despite Samsung denying that there have been any other reports.

Please don't try and teach granny to suck eggs by telling me to reset all speakers, router etc as this has already been done on many occasions.

15 REPLIES 15
Blakastrati
First Poster
Options
Same with me here and quite frustrating!!
0 Likes
GEM22
First Poster
Options

I bought WAM5500 with two R5 speakers four years ago for £578. I mostly use the system to stream music radio stations via TuneIn, my favourite being Radio Swiss Classic for their wide selection of music and the lack of adverts! However, over recent months the system has completely failed with the usual notice being 'Current track token is empty'.  I have not found a solution to this so am resigned to dumping the speakers in the bin and bying an alternative system.  Samsung - I hane three Samsung televisions in my house - can you salvage your reputation immediately with a solution to this problem?

0 Likes
Ripperoo
Pioneer
Options

Samsung don't care as four year old tech in their eyes is obsolete!

The only help you are likely to get is from the Samsung Community (other Samsung users) as Samsung won't be actively monitoring these complaints due to not caring after taking your hard earned money.

Have you tried using them to stream from the likes of Tidal?  Don't try Deezer as they never updated their app to work with the latest Multiroom app release.

Just to clarify, Samsung 100% suck at customer service/care!

0 Likes
timx
First Poster
Options

I bought two R1s to run as a stereo pair (kitchen speakers) so luckily didn't spend much.  Also I bought them via Richer Sounds so got their 6 year warranty included.

After three years the app became unusable so we resorted to using one of the two speakers via bluetooth.  After a while that failed too.  I returned the speakers to RS who immediately said they were "unrepairable" - I suspect this was code for "the software no longer works."

Fortunately, RS gave me a full refund and I was about to buy a pair of Sonos One speakers to replace the R1s.... then I discovered that Sonos will not support any legacy products going forward.

Hence I have opted for a pair of Denon 150 Home speakers instead.  A little more expensive and some say not as good sounding as the Sonos (which I doubt as I'm not a fan of the Sonos sound but I haven't done a blind test) but at least Denon have come out and said they will support software updates going forward.

I'm amazed Samsung (and Sonos) have been able to get away with this.  I will never buy another Samsung product

0 Likes
Wllector
Apprentice
Options

I will never buy any Samsung products again after my experience with Multiroom. That was the reason I went with Samsung and now they don’t support it. New soundbars and speakers don’t work with it. They make a great Dolby atmos. Soundbar and great appliances, but I can’t buy from a company that won’t support the products they sell. 

0 Likes
Wllector
Apprentice
Options

They do not support anything!!!!

0 Likes