Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HW-S61T - Sound level inconsistent

(Topic created on: 17-06-2021 01:38 PM)
Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

Just purchased a Samsung HW-S61T Sound bar with built in Alexa. Connected up to our Samsung Q90 TV via a new HDMI Arc cable. All was working well on day 1 we have the volume set at around 22 for a nice sound through the bar and Alexa is at a good audio level.

Today , however when we sat down to watch TV the volume sound not be heard, we have to crank the volume up to 45+ to get the same level we previously got at 22, however at 45+ if you call Alexa she is way too loud -  shouting.

After playing around I had to disconnect the sound bar and reconnect it again to the TV to get back to the previous good audio level of 22.

Anyone any ideas as this has now happened twice, and is either a hardware or software fault with the sound bar. I have checked and the soundbar is running the latest firmware HW-S61TWWB-1017.5.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

UPDATE: After working fine for the last week after a factory reset which Samsung CS advised, The issue has returned again, The issue is present via HDMI Arc cable or Bluetooth. At volume level 18 which was at a nice comfortable level, it's now gone extremely quiet (AGAIN!) and to even hear the sound bar I need to turn the volume up to 55+ and at that level if you engage with Alexa she is screaming the house down!

I will contact Samsung again tomorrow, but if I get no suitable response then I have no choice but to send this back as there are far too many issues Hardware/firmware with this unit 😞

0 Likes
Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

I have spoken to Samsung customer services on the phone, and they say IF I have the latest Firmware, Done a factory reset and tried other connection methods (HDMI & Bluetooth) and the problem is still there, then the only option is to return the unit to where I bought it for a refund or replacement. Even when I pointed out other on this forum are having the same issue, so must be a hardware/software issue, they say, there is nothing they can do.

For me this unit is having too many issues that I'm going to return mine for a refund.

1. Volume level dropping that can only be resolved by a factory reset or unplugging;

2. Streaming Amazon music via Soundbar Alexa keeps cutting out (while other Alexa's around my house are fine)

3. Alexa is currently too sensitive and keeps activating while watching TV.

4. Alexa volume is too loud and needs a separate volume control.

Cikeri
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, having many similar issues with S61 sound bar (2 of them just purchased with 2 QLED TV's) ... they work as TV's and soundbars but the whole Alexa integration is unbelievably problematic from start to finish 😞  Come on Samsung ... help please?!?

My issues vary from initial setup (devices not found or added but not working)

Alexa flashes like she's trying to respond to a command but never actually responds

Alexa never responds at all and a red light appears on the bar

etc

etc

😞

NT4
First Poster
Options

I bought this soundbar from John Lewis as it was advertised as having "Alexa built-in". In common with a number of other reviews , both here and on John Lewis site, I discovered a fault with the Alexa implementation. The Alexa microphone is too sensitive, it picks up random sounds as the 'Alexa' wake word, the sound bar emits a boom and drops the volume for several seconds.

John Lewis did replace the original soundbar but the same issue occured on the replacement. They arranged for Samsung's local agent to test the soundbar, they were able to replicate the problem and have advised me, on 17 June 2021, that Samsung have just recently recognised this as a problem and they expected to have a software update to resolve the issue.

As some of the reposts of this issue are from last year, I don't know why it has taken Samsung 6 months to recognise the issue. I hope it doesn't take another 6 months for them to release a fix.