Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HW-S61A and SWA-9100S, rear speakers low

(Topic created on: 09-01-2022 03:34 PM)
RMattD
Apprentice
Options

I just purchased a Samsung HW-S61A soundbar and SWA-9100S rear speakers.

The rear speakers are connected, but the sound coming out of them is in-audible, the sound level is so low that you have to put your ear against the speaker to hear anything!

The sound bar is connected to my Samsung QE5580T TV via HDMI ARC, the rear speakers are (obviously) wirless to the soundbar (blue light is on).

So far I have tried:

Adjusting the sound levels using the Soundbar remote. I reduced Center & Side (soundbar) to -6 and increased Rear (SWA-9100S) to +6. I could hear no audible difference between the sound bar and rear speakers after this. Maybe there's a step I'm missing? I did follow the user manual and ensured the sound mode was set to standard.

I have checked the speaker wires, they're seated correctly in each speaker.

I've tried resetting the device settings.

I've checked the TV's settings and all seems to be set correctly.

All my tests have been with YouTube, Netflix and Disney+ (directly on the TV and through the apps on an Xbox Series X).

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm getting to the point where I just want to return both of them and buy something else.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Soundbar or wireless speakers have low max volume

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01203944/
0 Likes
RMattD
Apprentice
Options

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

I followed the instructions on the link. My soundbar firmware was up to date and the TV audio settings are correct.

0 Likes
LeoXXL
Pioneer
Options
Through your remote, on to the screen of your speaker find "rear speakers" and adjust the volume from there.
Just the same way you adjust volume of bass, treble.
0 Likes
RMattD
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have already tried this.

0 Likes
antjim
First Poster
Options

Did you solve It?

0 Likes
David1078
Student
Options

I have the exact same setup and the same problem. Did you solve it? I couldn't find a setting to increase the rear speakers volume.

0 Likes
David1078
Student
Options

I did find it on the remote, but without a display it's hard to see what I'm doing. The back speakers did get louder in the end. Use the 'up' on the remote to set the volume, not the volume button...

RMattD
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I actually returned the rear speakers beacuse nothing I did worked.

Glad you got yours up and running.

0 Likes
paul597
First Poster
Options
I have exact same problem and have the Q600a soundbar.

I think I'm going to take mine back as well.

0 Likes