Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HW-Q950T surround speaker distortion at higher frequency.

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 07:38 PM)
Drdubey
First Poster
Options

I bought samsung hw-q950t soundbar 2 days ago i was very happy with the system until i realised a very bad distoring sound coming from both rear speakers at 50 percent volume when surround effect booms specially while watching mission impossible rouge nation underwater seen i felt huge distortion. It can be heard while watching 6 underground in the scene when jet attacks people who were protesting during climax. Very annoying ruined whole movie watching experience. I already reset my woofer and rear speakers still facing same issue. Is any one facing same issue any advice.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
steca41
Pioneer
Options

I had same problem. I read there was a firmware update. I done this and it fixed the distorted sound.
I installed the zip file to my PC, then extracted the file to USB stick. popped the stick into the soundbar and it was installed in about 2 minutes. problem solved.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/HW-Q950T/XU/

0 Likes
Drdubey
First Poster
Options

Sir can you please share link of update cause I already updated to latest firmware. I still heard crackling sound at higher frequency.

0 Likes
steca41
Pioneer
Options
click the link in my reply above and scroll to bottom of page. the update is there to download
0 Likes
Drdubey
First Poster
Options

Sir I tried but I am already on latest update thats why nothing happened soundbar is not detecting any new update. I called customer care and they are ready to return/ replace my rear speakers due to crackling sound. Lets see what happens.

0 Likes
Drdubey
First Poster
Options

Tried everything thing but crackling at higher frequency from surround speaker was still there contacted customer service and they approved the replacement of surround speaker still waiting for replacement.

0 Likes
firstcitizen
First Poster
Options

I also have this kind of distorted sound from one of the speakers the one that is on the side of the samsung logo. I call customer service and they told me i had to deliver to them the whole setup for examination!!! and after that i will wait for days to tell me their verdict as if isi broken and it would need replacement!! A whole of fuzzz. Yoy had to send them your speaker for inspection also ?

0 Likes