Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung HW-Q950T surround speaker distortion at higher frequency.

(Topic created on: 08/02/21 11:35)
Drdubey
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

I bought samsung hw-q950t soundbar 2 days ago i was very happy with the system until i realised a very bad distoring sound coming from both rear speakers at 50 percent volume when surround effect booms specially while watching mission impossible rouge nation underwater seen i felt huge distortion. It can be heard while watching 6 underground in the scene when jet attacks people who were protesting during climax. Very annoying ruined whole movie watching experience. I already reset my woofer and rear speakers still facing same issue. Is any one facing same issue any advice.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
steca41
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

I had same problem. I read there was a firmware update. I done this and it fixed the distorted sound.
I installed the zip file to my PC, then extracted the file to USB stick. popped the stick into the soundbar and it was installed in about 2 minutes. problem solved.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/HW-Q950T/XU/

0 Likes
Drdubey
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

Sir can you please share link of update cause I already updated to latest firmware. I still heard crackling sound at higher frequency.

0 Likes
steca41
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video
click the link in my reply above and scroll to bottom of page. the update is there to download
0 Likes
Drdubey
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

Sir I tried but I am already on latest update thats why nothing happened soundbar is not detecting any new update. I called customer care and they are ready to return/ replace my rear speakers due to crackling sound. Lets see what happens.

0 Likes
Drdubey
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

Tried everything thing but crackling at higher frequency from surround speaker was still there contacted customer service and they approved the replacement of surround speaker still waiting for replacement.

0 Likes