Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar looses sound over HDM-ARC

(Topic created on: 24-04-2021 08:27 PM)
Joey73T
Apprentice
Options

After having used the SB HW-Q950T for 3 months, it started disconnecting the sound from the TV.

SB is connected to TV (Samsung UE75MU8005, 2017 Premium Flat 4K UHD TV), via HDMI-ARC with original cable that came with the SB.

All settings were configured and I was using TV-Apps for streaming content or Fiber-TV via HDMI connection.

Like I said, worked perfectly and then after approx 3 months, when i.e. changing Youtube clips or different TV-APP it looses the sound. It's like it's beeing disconnected from the HDMI-ARC.

I have to turn OFF/ON the TV to get the sound back (quickest remedy).

But sometimes I've noticed that just leaving it the sound might come back after approx 5-10min???

Both TV and SB have the latest FW.

So any explenation to this, gladly appreciated.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
vizagman
Apprentice
Options

I have been using the HW-Q90R SB that is connected to a QE55Q90TAT TV via HDMI-ARC.  The soundbar has been losing connection and powers down intermittently.  Both TV and SB have the latest software updates installed.  Likewise to Joey73T (above) I have to keep turning the SB back on after it has disconnected from the TV - this is extremely annoying and frustrating.  Have tried different solutions from other blogs regarding this SB but the problem still persists.  Any help would be most welcomed.

0 Likes
vizagman
Apprentice
Options

Here is an update to my earlier post.  I telephoned Samsug support and an agent remotely took control of the TV and SB.  She configured the TV from Earc to TVarc and also downloaded software changes to both the TV and SB.  This was due to the TV having a HDMI EArc port and the SB having a HDMI Arc port; obviously there were compatability issues that was causing the SB to intermittently shut down.  The sound has improved dramatically and the SB shutting down has been resolved.  Hope this assists.

0 Likes
Red3ullZzzz
Journeyman
Options

Hi do have a Samsung Q90r with a Samsung Q950t.

I have the same problems as you.

Sometimes when I switch between apps I loose the sound of the SB.

Both devices have the last firmware.

Do you know how to switch TV from Earc to TVarc?

I called Samsung and the asked me to bring back the SB with the subwoofer and rear speakers...

They didn't do anything except they asked to reset the SB... And of course it didn't change anything. 

vizagman
Apprentice
Options

I telephoned 0333 000 0333 (from the UK) and spoke to an agent who could not help.  I then re-dialled and the agent I spoke to remotely took control of the TV and SB.  I did nothing, just watched the TV screen and on the SB display I saw various codes appear/disappear; she did everything from her end. This agent downloaded software rectifying the problem and TV ARC appeared on the soundbar. 

One way to check if TV ARC is enabled is to go Settings on the TV, then Sound, then Expert Setting and ensure that HDMI-eArc Mode is set to OFF.  If this issue is rectified, when you increase/decrease the volume, the SB will display TV Arc and the TV will display [AV] Soundbar Q90R(HDMI),

If this does not assist, I would suggest that you re-dial Samsung and ask to speak to a Senior Advisor.  There is no need to take back the SB, subwoofer and rear speakers and this problem can definitely be rectified by Samsung remotely taking control.

Please feel free to share the above with Samsung and I hope that your problem is soon solved.

Red3ullZzzz
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your answer. I'll post here once I'll know how to resolve this problem.

For the moment, when I have the Earc issue I connect the SB to the TV using the Bluetooth... Not the best quality but at least I can use the SB