Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung HW-Q950T - Absolutely atrocious support under warranty.

(Topic created on: 28-11-2020 02:26 PM)
Dubfather
Apprentice
Options

I purchased a Samsung HW-Q950T soundbar from the Samsung online shop on 1st September.

On 26th October I noticed there was a Upgrade file available on the support page https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/HW-Q950T/XU/ I checked for an update through SmartThings app, but it said non available, I attempted to install the upgrade via USB but nothing happened following the instructions given (I had successfully updated my Q950R TV with the same USB stick before). I contacted support via chat on the Samsung support web site also saying atmos was never displayed but I believed it was working as standard/game/surround option was greyed out , they told me to reset the soundbar which I did following the instructions. SmartThings failed to connect stating an add-on needed to be downloaded which failed to download & gave a message to contact support. The upgrade still didn’t happen via USB.

Support then suggested that the soundbar should be taken to my local support centre to be checked out, as I don’t drive & am considered clinically extremely vulnerable to covid, they said they can arrange for it to be collected & taken to a service centre.

It was collected & according to DPD was delivered & signed for 9:30am Friday 30th October

Tracking the repair on the Samsung the following Monday it stated they were still awaiting it, I contacted support & they gave me a premium phone number to call, after 2 calls & being kept in a queue they said they had received it.

On the 5th November the repair tracking changed to “Your unit has been received at RepairTech.

Your unit will be passed to the engineers shortly for assessment. We will be in contact as soon as we have an update.

Later the same day status changed to “Your unit is going through initial diagnosis with our engineers.”

On the 6th November status changed to “Your unit is being repaired and the required part(s) have been ordered.

We will be in contact as soon as we have an update.”

A week later the status was still the same.

On the 17th November the status was still the same, I phoned & was told the part they ordered failed & had been re-ordered.

The status then reverted to “Engineer assigned”, down from repair in progress.

I phoned Samsung again on 19th & they said they would get back to me, I received 2 text messages saying they couldn’t get me (no idea why) & to call them.

27th November I phoned & the repair centre said they were waiting to hear from Samsung. I phoned Samsung & the said they would phone me back.

They didn’t.

The status is still saying “Engineer assigned”

So I paid £1599 for a product that I’ve used for 8 weeks, it has been in repair for 4 weeks & the repair status is still no further ahead.

In comparison my HP notebook which cost around the same price, after 2 years of ownership, was collected, fitted with a new screen & battery & returned 2 days later. I wished they made soundbars.

I’ve asked why they can’t send me a replacement but was told I can’t have one.

The option to email the CEO comes up with an error page, anyone have his email address?

Anyone know what my options are?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dubfather
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for that, I finally received the soundbar back from the service centre 2 days short of 8 weeks since I raised the query, & now it will not connect to the subwoofer or rear speakers. I phoned support, & they told me I'll get a technical support person phone me within 48 hours. Never known such a pathetic service, totally disgusted with them.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
s.jo@samsung.com
Solution
Dubfather
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for that, I finally received the soundbar back from the service centre 2 days short of 8 weeks since I raised the query, & now it will not connect to the subwoofer or rear speakers. I phoned support, & they told me I'll get a technical support person phone me within 48 hours. Never known such a pathetic service, totally disgusted with them.

Dubfather
Apprentice
Options

Support couldn't get it going & offered to repair it again which I refused as the first repair took nearly 8 weeks. I've now requested a refund, which they have refused, I quoted the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which states 

Your rights after the goods have been repaired or replaced

You don't have to accept a second repair or replacement if something goes wrong again. You can ask for a discount on the original price or your money back if:

• the repair hasn't solved the problem

• another fault has developed

• the replacement is faulty

If you ask for your money back and it's less than 6 months since you bought the goods, you should get the full amount.

They are still refusing a refund so now will have start legal proceedings, never had problems with a purchase this bad in my entire 63 years.

My advice is never buy direct from Samsung, use an independent retailer, you will get a far better aftersales service.

Dubfather
Apprentice
Options

Got an email today saying

"Upon reviewing your email, I can see you have proposed your Consumer Rights. As you have exceeded the 6 month period of purchase on your desired item, a replacement is not something we can offer."

I purchased it on 1st September 2020, & I've asked for a refund, not a replacement. Samsung support are totally incompetent.