Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung HW-Q90R subwoofer blown out?

(Topic created on: 24-01-2021 02:32 PM)
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

Hi Everyone,

i recently noticed a rather concerning issue with the subwoofer. I turned on my TV one day and somehow the subwoofer sounded very pale. Then i played a frequency response video (there are plenty on youtube) to see whether everything is in order and i noticed that between 50-30hz i hear residual sound (It is not very strong but certainly noticeable). Can anyone try the same and let me know whether you hear anything in those frequencies? I test at volume 18 with bass increased to +4. It can be also due to new firmware or just my ears are playing with me. I never did such test before, hence do not really have a benchmark.

Thanks!

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
gmo23
Apprentice
Options

I have an issue with my subwoofer. During Dolby Atmos or DTS-X movies, during heavy bass scenes my subwoofer emits  a buzzing/blown out sound from it's port hole on the rear. It's been this way from new but has worsened recently so I sent it away for repair or replacement while still in warranty.

During 4k blu-ray movies like Lord of the Rings trilogy or Deepwater Horizon it was really distracting.

0 Likes
Solution
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

Thanks. It appears to be related indeed. I started doing the sound test because of weaker bass. i guess now it is only about waiting for new firmware. I may try to contact samsung support as well. I guess the more of us do it the faster we may get an update.

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

After speaking to Samsung there is no solution to this. I might go through the repair route, however i know this is not gonna solve it and eventually will have to go to Customer Protection agency in my country. They cannot legally worsen the quality of the product after it is being sold. Most of you are probably familiär with the 'Batterygate' of Apple which is somehow simmilar in nature.

SimonApolllo
First Poster
Options

I know this sounds crazy. Turn off the soundbar. Hold down volume down on the bar initial it goes into demo mode…it’ll say shop… the sub works better that way. I can still use e arc and have use of channel settings. This is thebest fix you’ll find 

0 Likes
scanarch
Apprentice
Options

Did you get it replaced in the end?

0 Likes