Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HW-Q90R - Rear/Subwoofer not waking up (firmware 1010.5)

(Topic created on: 31-05-2020 03:10 PM)
Swisher1
Student
Options

Dear Friends.

I have an issue with my newly purchased Soundbar HW Q90R and I'm on the edge of sending it back to the store.

Issue:

Subwoofer and Rear Speakers are not waking up when switching ON the TV or Soundbar directly (Red solid light). I'm trying then to pair the speakers manually (Pressing and holding ID SET on SW/RL/RR, when led is blinking rapid blue i hold up on remote for couple of seconds), then only part of the speakers are pairing sucessfully. Sometimes it's the SW/RR connected (solid blue), and RL is blinking in blue rapidly. Sometimes only the Rear Speakers are connected. This drives me mad. 

Techie specs:

- newly updated firmware via Smarthings App

- M 0.128.0 / B-1010.5 / H-0051.0 / FD-0040.0 / W-0240.0 / S-0136.0 / RR-0136.0 / RL-0136.0

- I use mostly PS4 PRO connected as below and WIFI for spotify

Setup:

TV <---HDMI ARC---> Soundbar <--- HDMI --- PS4 PRO

Steps I've took till now:

- been on Samsung Chat for about 6h (no help)

- updated firmare to latest

- reset Soundbar by holding - and + for couple of seconds

- unplugged the power cord on all devices and plugged in following order SW -> RR -> RL -> Soundbar.

Question:

Do you know if this is normal or I have a faulty device?

After long time of dancing around the speakers and reseting them I SOMETIMES manage to have all the speakers working for me, but this is really not a flagship experience 😞

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Matt49
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem as you. See my other post: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/1010-5-Firmware-Update-for-hw-Q70R-hw-Q80R-hw-Q90R-S...

I'll send it back for refund. So annoying they would let a device on market where it seems many of us experience these critical issues. All the best

0 Likes
Swisher1
Student
Options

I've returned my soundbar and purchased JBL BAR 9.1 and it works like a charm! Sound is still great (just a little downgrade I would say, but it WORKS AS DESIGNED).

I have many Samsung products (from TV, smartwatches to washing machine) and never had such a low quality experience. This product is simply broken, so for all of you reading this post and having similar issues I recommend returning this rubbish and buy something else! Good that EU return policy for internet purchases is pro customer :smiling-face: 

Gabwebsite
Student
Options

I had this exact issue and it's finally gone after updating the rear speakers and subwoofer.

My soundbar was already updated to the last firmware but for some reason the speakers weren't.

I follow the procedure on this site : https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202075/&ved=2ahUKEwjnwM7U8r7sAhVkUN8KHbw9B0o...

Now it's been over a week and I have no more issues.

0 Likes
Khaz
First Poster
Options

As expected link not working anymore 

0 Likes