Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Hw-q90r bluetooth lag

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 08:46 PM)
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

Hello Q80/Q90R users,

Has anyone experienced  lag for bluetooth on the Q90R? When i play youtube videos the sound comes around 2 second later than the video?

I just tried with latest update (1010.5) and issue still persist .

Regards

11 REPLIES 11
denysimo
Apprentice
Options

I have experienced something similar. When I watch streamed HD movies on my Q90R, using bluetooth connection to my Q90R soundbar. I experience audio cutting out intermittently on my Q90R soundbar, and very noticeble degration of picture quality of my streamed video. The picture is blocky and pixelated. This is our second Q90R sound bar and I hope there is a fix, whether it be the TV or soundbar. Pretty bad QC on these products considering the premium.

FYI the TV was purchased about a week ago and the second soundbar was exchanged just yesterday. Our first soundbar cuts out intermittently while listening to music and hometheater via bluetooth connection.

pepsinio
Pioneer
Options
Thanks denysimo,
have you tried playing youtube from tablet/phone and observe lipsync issues? i believe if you connect a tv via bluetooth there is audio compensation which can be adjusted on the TV, however on other devices there is no such feature. On mine the connection doesn't break, which leads me to believe that this is 'as designed' , but want to get more feedback from other users, prior returning my soundbar back for warranty and receiving one with same issue afterwards :smiling-face: .

Regards,
Peter
0 Likes
aLanheiny
First Poster
Options

I've got Bluetooth issuses too. Every time I link my phone via bluetooth to listen to music i have to have the phone sitting directly behind the soundbar (Im talking 10cm, cause theres a tv then a wall) otherwise it wont connect and play, as soon as i move the phone even 1m in front the music stops. I also noticed that when playing youtube via bluetooth on the phone there is lag from the video to the sound. Is my Bluetooth in my HW-Q90R screwed? that would suck as it was a pricey acquisition.

denysimo
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I unfortunately had similar issues with my Q90R soundbar. I returned my first soundbar because of when my phone is connected via Bluetooth, the music intermittently cuts out. I also experience this while playing movies that are streamed. Although I did not have distance connection issues like you.

I am into my second Q90R soundbar and music via Bluetooth still cuts out intermittently. For my first Q90R soundbar, I was on the phone with a Samsung rep and we tried hard resets and we came to the conclusion it was a “bad Bluetooth receiver” on the soundbar.

I’m on the second one and still the same. Instead of exchanging it for the same in Bestbuy, I think I will get Samsung to exchange it or perform open chip surgery. Whatever it takes I want it fixed as well.

If I have a party and someone hooks up via Bluetooth,I don’t want them to experience this cutting out garbage from such an expensive unit. That would be embarrassing!! =(

I currently have my music and TV hooked up via HDMI which have no issues on lag or cutting out.

Even with the current firmware  installed on the soundbar, I still have cutout issues, so I just leave the TV hooked up via HDMI and use my music provider app on my Samsung TV.

You may want to contact Samsung directly so you can perform troubleshooting as well. 

It is a great sounding unit, when it works properly. I have sub $100 Bluetooth speakers and I don’t have any cutout issues. I expect better QC from Samsung and Harmon Kardon.

Hopefully a firmware fixes all the issues this system has...

skingg
Student
Options

Sorry for bumping this thread up but has anyone resolved this issue? This the only issue I had (bluetooth plays audio quicker than video) and the last update did not do anything to solve this. 

0 Likes
denysimo
Apprentice
Options

Hi skingg,

After many hours of use, I have confirmed my Q90R soundbar still has intermittent  cut out issues while playing music via Bluetooth even with the latest firmware installed.  
Once it happens,  it cutouts out and progressively gets worse until it is no longer bearable and I have to reset the soundbar. I really hope Samsung engineers can develop a fix for these issues we have. 
I on the other hand have no syncing issues like some of you mentioned. 
Still shaking my head, that my $80 bluetooth speakers don’t even have these issues. And I have 3!! 
I will send the soundbar to Samasung soon if the next firmware does not fix the issue. 
I am hoping for better news for the next firmware update.

0 Likes
ajayphi
Apprentice
Options

Has there been any resolution to this yet? I have been plagued with this issue and its very frustrating to see such poor quality on Bluetooth. Any help possible please?

0 Likes
ajayphi
Apprentice
Options

Hi Denysimo, 

Has there been any resolution to this issue yet? I too have been having the same issue all the time with Bluetooth. Any help possible?

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

hi Ajayphi,

not really. Issue will remain indefinitely i believe. There can always be Christmas miracle, but i would not be very optimistic about it. It is rather disappointing indeed, but like many things in life, we just have to let it go :smiling-face: