Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HW-Q900 doesn’t fit on tv stand

(Topic created on: 03-01-2022 11:49 AM)
T22TMY
Apprentice
Options

So I’ve got a QE65QN90A with a HW-Q900A, the manual for the Soundbar says to put the four little rubber feet on the bottom if you want to mount it on the TV stand. However, this doesn’t fit. The Soundbar won’t go under the tv so there is no way that the Soundbar will fit on the stand as shown in the manual. 
Anyone had similar issues? Seems a bit stupid considering the Q soundbars and compatible with the Q symphony TV’s? 
I’ve tried technical support but I think my dog has a better understanding on the product than the 2 people of spoken to so far! 

image.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
DrSpook
Journeyman
Options
Same problem on 55q94a. Checked TV manual : no alternative stand position. As a result, the bar sticks out too far for the sound to feel like it comes from the TV. Close to sending it back 😞
DrSpook
Journeyman
Options

I can just about fit the sound bar on the stand, but it blocks the TV remote & ambient light sensors & will not go under the TV. We must be missing something 

DrSpook
Journeyman
Options

Doh 55qn94a TV, not q94a

DrSpook
Journeyman
Options

Spoke to tech support. I have to send photos before they will escalate beyond first line triage. 

0 Likes
T22TMY
Apprentice
Options

Good job on getting someone to answer the phone! 
Hopefully they give you some answers. Did they give you an address to send the photos to? Maybe I can piggyback it and send them mine so they have more than one scenario

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I sent my Q800 back for this reason, then someone suggested trying the Q600, I found it sits perfect on the stand but no instructions to say where to put it and it sounds better
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
T22TMY
Apprentice
Options

This was my other thought. Though seems stupid for Samsung to limit the size of Soundbar  to specific TV sizes or models.
I’m impressed with the Q900, so would be a shame to get rid of it. Just baffling why Samsung have done this and how no one saw this as an issue when designing these!

0 Likes
Hansli
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with the Neo Q-LED TV QE55QN95A.

Any solution?

T22TMY
Apprentice
Options

Nope. Only thing to do is get on to Samsung and keep reporting it until they accept they’ve made a fundamental error when designing these. Though Samsung Customer Services/Support is a joke and finding anyone that knows their ***** from their elbow is a challenge in itself. 

It is possible that due to the upfiring speakers they don’t want the bar to sit under the tv. Though should you want to set it up that way and sacrifice some audio quality it should be personal choice really 

0 Likes