Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung HW-Q800T soundbar volume keeps going down

(Topic created on: 14-09-2021 01:26 AM)
KEV248
First Poster
Options

This morning, my soundbar started going straight to 0 on the volume. When you try and turn it up, it keeps going back to 0 like something is stuck. Have tried turning sound bar off and on, same thing. Disconnected from TV and as soon as i plug it back in does the same thing. Any help thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@KEV248: That's strange. To eliminate the possibility of a sticking Volume Down button, try removing the batteries from your remote to see if the issue persists, and use the Volume Up '+' button on the top of the soundbar itself to raise the volume. If you have your TV remote set up to control the soundbar, press and hold up on the Woofer button for 5 seconds until the display reads 'Off-TV Remote'. You may need to repeat this step a couple of times, making sure to press and hold up on the woofer button each time to cycle between the options. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Ian Macdonald
First Poster
Options

Hi did you fix it?

I have the same problem.

I even got the shop to replace it and now it’s started to happen again.

0 Likes
Talis
First Poster
Options

I also have the same issue. Any fix? 

0 Likes
Ian Macdonald
First Poster
Options

After the shop taking it back twice and could not find a problem they agreed to exchange it for a different make.

0 Likes
KenTN
Apprentice
Options

The issue is most likely with an Apple TV that you have hooked up. And there is a fairly well documented issue where the Apple TV remote causes this condition. You can either reset the Apple TV or re pair its remote, and that should fix the issue. A quick Google search will yield a lot of information on the issue.

0 Likes
Ian Macdonald
First Poster
Options

Well when I replace the Samsung with another brand the problem went away and I still have Apple TV so I guess in my case it’s not the same issue.

happy with my new product

0 Likes