Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung HW-Q70R Sub woofer not pairing

(Topic created on: 13-04-2020 10:03 AM)
Bejay
Student
Options

Can anyone help me. I've just purchased the HW-Q70R sound bar and have got it connect via HDMI (ARC) to my Samsung Smart TV - the soundbar is connected ok and works but I cannot get the sub-woofer to pair with the soundbar - it did not pair automatically as suggested in the instructions.
I have followed the manual (press & hold ID SET etc) but it the remote does not seem to work at all - on/off, sound up/down etc.. The batteries are ok.
Is it me or is the remote faulty and its the remote can it be reset?
I welcome your advice, Thanks

0 Likes

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PauAV
Apprentice
Options

I'm getting the same issue. But i bought in last Christmas and subwoofer pairing was quick and automatic.

Now for whatever reason connection has been lost and there is no way to pair it again.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Bejay
Student
Options

I have managed to pair ok now. I turned off everything for a couple of hours and then checked all connections. When I switched back on I followed the instructions for"manual connection procedure" and it paired with the sub woofer straight away. I hope this helps you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
PauAV
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try and tell you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
PauAV
Apprentice
Options

Worked well. Couple of hours unplugged qnd then tryied again and then it worked.

Thanks again.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
PauAV
Apprentice
Options

I'm getting the same issue. But i bought in last Christmas and subwoofer pairing was quick and automatic.

Now for whatever reason connection has been lost and there is no way to pair it again.

0 Likes
Solution
Bejay
Student
Options

I have managed to pair ok now. I turned off everything for a couple of hours and then checked all connections. When I switched back on I followed the instructions for"manual connection procedure" and it paired with the sub woofer straight away. I hope this helps you.

0 Likes
Solution
PauAV
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try and tell you.

0 Likes
Solution
PauAV
Apprentice
Options

Worked well. Couple of hours unplugged qnd then tryied again and then it worked.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
MikeTX
First Poster
Options

Hi.  Did you ever get your remote to work?  I just bought a new Q700A soundbar and remote is completely dead .. swapped out batteries and still dead.  Was able to get soundbar to pair with sub through manual pairing .. and TV remote controls volume on soundbar ... just not the soundbar remote ..  Any input appreciate.

0 Likes