Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HW Q600B audio problem

(Topic created on: 29-12-2022 11:03 AM)
simi27
First Poster
Options

I bought a Samsung HW Q600B soundbar. I came home, set everything up and was pleasantly surprised by the sound. I set it to HDMI eArc.

It was definitely a good upgrade, but after a while I had a problem when it suddenly stopped playing properly.

I use TV + soundbar. In this mode, when the problem occurred, the sounds were played very weakly and the spoken word was not heard at all. It was inaudible as if someone was mumbling and you were watching a movie with sound but no narration or dialogue. In the soundbar only mode, I didn't hear any sounds at all. When I switched to TV only, everything was working fine.

I tried turning it on and off, but the problem was still there. Hard disconnection from the plug and turning the TV on and off was the only thing, that helped. I have the HDMI eArc cable connected correctly in the places where it says HDMIeArc. After this situation, I thought that it was maybe some mistake, that occured, so I continued using it. But the next day it happened again. I have the soundbar for a week now and it happened quite often, about 4-5 times already. I think it is not normal that I have to be forced to go to it all the time, turn it off and on and hope that it will work.

Can you advise me how to proceed? Has anyone had a similar experience and resolved it?

It is a Samsung soundbar Q600B.

The TV is a Samsung Q70 Series 55

12 REPLIES 12
Daz0000p1010p101pp
First Poster
Options
I've same issues, using soundbar with a neo QLED 2022 model, sound also keeps disappearing. Prices remain high buy quality of products going down
Alex 7798
Apprentice
Options

there is no sound at all in the soundbar, maybe there is an engineer who can help for money?

0 Likes
Alex 7798
Apprentice
Options

where can find a version lower than ver 1014?

Samsung engineers, please give a dump version below 1014. I'll try to flash it with a programmer, maybe the sound will appear.

0 Likes
xmontc
First Poster
Options

I was able to fix this "momentarily" by going to the general preferences > sound > advanced config > output format > setting the thing to PCM instead of AUTOMATIC.

That did the trick but you loose the 3.2.1 and just go to simple 2.0 stereo sound... not the best fix.

I'm seeing that there are some updates for the q600A for this issue but not for this version. Please do someting SAMSUNG! THIS SUCKS!

0 Likes
Munkeebutt67
Explorer
Options

Sorry if this is very late, but I have read it should be paired to the subwoofer before connecting to the hdmi. You may have already tried this, so apologies if you have already exhausted all options. Good luck. I say this because I have just ordered this to replace a hw- t420 Samsung soundbar, and am hoping it will be an upgrade.

0 Likes
Options

Anyone got a fix to this? I have the exact problem. I have a QN90B tv and mine worked fine for 6-7 months then randomly it stopped working as above??

0 Likes
jaz9761
First Poster
Options
Hello
I have the Samsung q600b on the remote I cannot increase the volume or on the soundbar I have to reset but still no joy my tv is Samsung qn95b but still issue I have connected this via optical no idea why it is doing this if you can help
0 Likes
Munkeebutt67
Explorer
Options

Strangely mine was really muted on the eArc hdmi as well at first. Connect it by Bluetooth then try earc again, as mine was really loud after that. Also make sure you have the latest update. A blank usb or 1 without audio files is necessary as there is no wiffy on the 600b. Good luck, I've had no problems since I got this other than that.

0 Likes
Munkeebutt67
Explorer
Options

Also do a hard reset first, and make sure you connect the woofer before the HDMI. It states this in the manual.

0 Likes