Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung HW-N950 No sound from sub woofer or rear speakers

(Topic created on: 22-05-2020 05:51 PM)
Johnm29
Apprentice
Options

I recently purchased the Samsung HW-N950 sound bar and have an issue as there is no sound comming from the sub woofer or rear speakers. The sound bar is connected to a Samsung QE55Q85RATXXU 55" tv with a HDMI cable from the HDMI 3 (ARC) plug in the tv to the HDMI OUT (TV-ARC) on the sound bar. The sound bar itself is working fully the sound appears perfectl, The sub woofer and rear speakers have a solid blue light on all but there is no sound being generated I have tried adjusting the volume on the romote but this appeares to have no affect.I have checked  there is a wifi connection and bluetooth connection the only issue is there is no sound at all to the sub or rear speaker.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Johnm29
Apprentice
Options

Sorry I did not reply earlier but have now found what software the soundbar is running through Smart things and it is showing Firmware Version HW-N950WWB-1007.5 Plugin Version 2.2.65 I hope this helps.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Johnm29 ,

let's try this: Unplug the power cord for the subwoofer, and plug it back in. Wait for it to reconnect to the soundbar, and then play music or video content. Is this now working?

Are both devices up to date? 

0 Likes
Johnm29
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for that the sub woofe
0 Likes
Johnm29
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for that the sub woofer appears to be working but the rear speakers are not.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is odd. Are you able to tell us what software version are the soundbar and the TV running on?

• The TV one can be checked from: Settings> Support> About this TV/Contact Samsung.
  • To check the current firmware version on the soundbar, follow these steps:
  1. Check to make sure the Soundbar is powered off.
  2. Press and hold the Sound Control (On the right of the Sound Mode button) button on the Soundbar remote for more than 6 seconds.
0 Likes
Solution
Johnm29
Apprentice
Options

Sorry I did not reply earlier but have now found what software the soundbar is running through Smart things and it is showing Firmware Version HW-N950WWB-1007.5 Plugin Version 2.2.65 I hope this helps.

0 Likes
ionutznicolae
Student
Options

Same issue with a brand new hw n950 kept sealed for the new house. Now it is out of warranty. Unbeliavable how samsung can sell a product with so many issues.

akselpl
Student
Options

Helo, did you solve the problem?

0 Likes
chris1975-
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue too.the blue lights on the rear speakers are solid blue but can't get any sound.Please help

0 Likes
Ofortuna1968
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with mine, the bar and sub are working but the rear speakers have been off and on right out of the box.  I am done with Samsung, they have no firmware update since 2019, but still the first thing out of their mouth is update the firmware.

I am switching to Nakamitchi Shockwafe.  Dropping Samsung completely, TV, phone, everything.

0 Likes