Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung hw-n300 soundbar not recconecting to android tv via bluetooth

(Topic created on: 03-10-2019 11:24 AM)
jonybr
First Poster
Options

Hello all,

My Samsung soundbar is not auto reconnecting to my xiaomi mi box 3 android TV.

Though the soundbar appears in the list of the paired devices in my Android TV, each time the soundbar turns off I need to pair it again in order to connect it.

Please help

Thanks!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AntS
Options

Hi @jonybr :smiling-face:

Was it auto-connecting previously? Is the TV Connect feature definitely turned on? I pulled this from the soundbar's  User Manual:

hw-n300_bluetooth TV Connect.JPG

0 Likes
jonybr
First Poster
Options

Hi @AntS

The soundbar is brand new so it was never auto-connecting.
The TV Connect feature is turned on.
I've also tried to connect it with my mobile phone and it is the same issue - it will not auto-reconnect once I turn the soundbar on in BT mode and I need to connect it manually each time.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers @jonybr . :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:  I've asked one of my AV colleagues for some advice on this one for you. I'll let you know what they reply back with. 

0 Likes
jonybr
First Poster
Options

@AntS Thanks a lot! Looking forward.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Morning, @jonybr .

My AV colleague has advised that the TV Connect feature can only be guaranteed to work with Samsung TVs, and so may not work with non-Samsung ones. They also advised that needing to manually pair with a mobile phone each time is normal behaviour for the soundbar.

I appreciate that it's not the best news. 😞

0 Likes
jonybr
First Poster
Options

Thanks @ AntS

Pretty disappointing indeed 😞
Maybe you can advise then regarding how can I disable the auto turn off feature so the soundbar will always stay on and then I won't have to re-pair it each time?

Thanks!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@jonybr , You can disable the auto-turn off, but it looks like only on AUX mode:

hw-n300_auto-turn off01.JPG

hw-n300_auto-turn off02.JPG

One of those frustratingly "so close" grrr instances IMO.

0 Likes
jonybr
First Poster
Options

Very frustrating....

I guess I'll have to replace this soundbar with another product... 

Anyhow @ AntS thank you for trying to help:).

0 Likes
sound00
First Poster
Options

To disable the auto turn off feature in the soundbar you need to do a firmware update via usb.The file is available in support/n300/downloads.This will extend the time to 25 mins as opposed to current 5 mins.

0 Likes