Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HT-J4500 - "Not Available" for volume and sound

(Topic created on: 15-10-2020 08:51 AM)
ConorDash
Student
Options

Hello All,

I am hoping you can help. I have a Samsung Blu Ray surround sound player, Model: HT-J4500. Fairly old ish but all in good condition, never had any breaks or damage, etc. Has always worked fine.

Problem, is that when playing things via USB, on the system, the sound does not work. When altering volume, it will say "Not Available" on the screen. If however, I use the radio on the system, sound works fine.

Funny thing is, I used it in the same way with the same USB only last week and it did work fine. I've tried playing different things on the USB, perhaps their audio codecs are the problem but nothing works. 

I have tried:

Firmwide update (its on the latest)

Changing sound settings (although this may still be possible)

Changing connectors, digital out to the tv or not

Removed the individual speakers one by one, see if they are causing a problem

Powered off the system fully, no plug, for a while

Any ideas or anyone seen this? Ive looked through this and google, apparently there is no mention of "Not Available" anywhere.. which surprises me.

Thank you,

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
are you using the usb with your surround system or the TV? as the TV will use its own sound and you will have to change the channel on your surround system to the TV channel.
ConorDash
Student
Options

Thanks for reply.

This is USB plugged directly in to Surround Sound. Technically, even with the TV turned off, theres no reason for the sound to not work, in my opinion, as its going no where. Audio data is going from the USB device, to the system directly and then data travelling out to speakers.

0 Likes
NCSLICK1
First Poster
Options

Hi, not sure if OP fixed the problem, but I've just had a similar issue where no sound was being produced from any speaker, yet the radio worked fine. I was trying to get the ps4 to produce sound via optical, which up until today worked perfectly. I fiddled about with wires and settings to no avail. Eventually, I unplugged the HDMI cable, which should have had no effect as my ps4 is connected directly to the tv and via optical to the receiver. Randomly, the sound started working again. No idea why. But thought it worth a try to OP  

0 Likes