Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Harman Kardon HW-Q80 R soundbar position in room

(Topic created on: 08-02-2022 07:43 AM)
wyattlad
First Poster
Options

Hi Folks,

I'm considering the Samsung Harman Kardon HW-Q80R  soundbar, but I have a concern regarding the side firing speakers that are supposed to bounce off the walls.

I have a retangular not a square room and the soundbar will not be in the middle of the two side walls, the soundbar will be 2 metres from one side wall and 4 metres from the other side wall which has a large glass door in it.

Will this cause an issue for the side firing speakers?

Would I be better getting the Q70R soundbar that does not have the side firing speakers?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @wyattlad ,

how are you doing today? I have found this guide showing how to place the different speakers in a room. 

Keep in mind that if the distance is bigger from one side to the other the sound might take a bit longer to bounce/return on this side. Where would you have the sofa placed and what TV size do you have? 

0 Likes
wyattlad
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply.

As mentioned the distance on the one side is twicw as mush than the oter side.  So surely this would create a rather odd listening experience wouldn't it if one side took longer to bounce off.

The sofa is placed 2.5 metres from the tv and is directly is in front of the 55 inch (Samsung Frame).  

0 Likes
Alecsa
First Poster
Options

Hi all,7

I got a q80 rsoundbar and my question is :any posibility i can pair the a set of rear speakers and which ones please?

Thank you

0 Likes