Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Harman/Kardon 5.1.2-Kanal Soundbar HW-Q80R stuck in a "UPDATE" loop

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 09:51 AM)
ricciardelli
Student
Options

On December 31st 2020 my  Samsung harman / kardon 5.1.2-channel soundbar HW-Q80R suddenly stopped working,  it reboots itself, when I turn it on it goes "ON" then "TV ARC", then for a second it shows "UP DATE "and then it goes off and says" BYE ", and reboots itself again and does the same thing over and over again. I cannot connect it anymore to the TV nor my game console, it just stopped working, now it doesn't connect to anything and doesn't respond to the remote commands as it should. I tried power cycling already and even updating the firmware but nothing worked. What else can I try? The soundbar is still under warranty and I bought it directly from Samsung Germany. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SC20
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am in a similar situation. Were you able to resolve this ? and mind sharing. 

0 Likes
ricciardelli
Student
Options

No, Samsung Deutschland Support just told me to send the soundbar for repair because that's a bug. At least for me, sending the device is a complicated process, it's not easy to find a box for the dimensions of the device and I cannot use the original box even when I have it because they said not to. I haven't sent it for repair yet.

0 Likes
SC20
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I have tried multiple things to no avail. to make the matters worse I have moved the soundbar to another country from the US.. so have to see if they accept warranty and can repair it. 

0 Likes