Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung BD F5100

(Topic created on: 31-10-2019 04:42 PM)
AntJac
First Poster
Options

Hi all. Hoping you can help me please

I have a Samsung f5100 player. Past few months it has been randomly flashing black screen on and off. It used to do it intermittently but now it does it all the time. I have tried resets, used different HDMI cables and different TVS etc but with no luck. On the hdmi cable side on some cables it will not flash black screen on and off but it will go distorted with noise and go on different parts of the screen (grey scale) and on another cable it will do the randomly flashing black on the menu and during movie playback. Is there an issue with the hdmi connector on my Blu-ray player if it does it on two different TVs?

Many thanks again

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@AntJac: This is a difficult one. Have you tried your existing HDMI cables with another external device to ensure that they are functioning as expected?
0 Likes
AntJac
First Poster
Options
Hi Andrew. Thank you for getting back to me.

Yes i've tried another blu-ray player i have with the HDMI cable i have used and everything seems to work fine during playback. I have tried resets etc but nothing seems to work. After a period of 20 or so minutes it will revrt to flashing on and off black screen and some audio drop outs. It isn't the disk as that works in the other blu-ray
0 Likes