Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung BD-F5100 Blu ray not working while HDMI plugged

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 05:02 PM)
enilceline
First Poster
Options

Hello, my F5100 used to work very well until today.

It is not answering when i use the remote, i  tried several things to find what is the problem.

The only thing i found is that it is working only when i unplug the HDMI cable : remote works, buttons on the F5100 work, the blu ray turns.

When i plug the HDMI cable, nothing works anymore.

I tried several cables, on several HDMI ports on my TV.

The remote is ok because i use it for the TV too and it works.

What can i do ? Thank you.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
enilceline
First Poster
Options

Thank you, i already tried to press each button more than 5 seconds but nothing happens.

I tried with and without the HDMI cable to be sure but nothing changed.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@enilceline: Do you have the Blu-ray player registered to your TV's universal remote? If so, when you connect the Blu-ray player to the TV via HDMI, try using the TV remote to see if it responds. In the meantime, although I understand that you have tried some of these, please check out the troubleshooting steps below

Check the batteries in the remote control. They may need replacing.
• Operate the remote control at a distance of no more than 6.1m from the player.
• Remove batteries and hold down one or more buttons for several minutes to drain the microprocessor inside the remote control to reset it. Reinstall batteries and try to operate the remote control again.
• Press the square Stop button (on front panel) for more than 5 seconds with no disc inside. All settings will revert to the factory settings.
• Press the Power button (on front panel) for more than 5 seconds

0 Likes
enilceline
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your answer.

I have already done that. It did not work. 
While pressing the Stop button or Power button more than 5 seconds, what is it supposed to do ? (a sound, a light ?)
Nothing happens and it wtill does not work.

Thank you.

0 Likes